XXVIII. UNCALCULATED SCENARIO

He's words are the words of heaven

He's words are the words of heaven. Everything he command is a law, and he commands her to be with him... forever.

~ Memory Journal: The King's Court, page 6 ~

Jin thought everything has been fixed. At least on Jimin's end. That's what he believed when he called in the morning.

"Are you with..."

"Yes. I am with her." Jimin's spritely answer cut his question. It made him happy for the younger. He never thought he could be that happy for his member... his little brother.

"And?" He coaxed for something more.

"She's everything I could wish for, hyung." He could imagine Jimin's dreamy face as he watches her sleeping on his arms.

The pang of jealousy should have been there, poking like an annoying stick on his chest, but he can't feel any. It's surprising that he's not mad considering how a fool he was for searching for her and yet she's been with his sworn brothers.

"Yoongi-ah. Aren't you going to tell me when you knew?" His conversation with Yoongi last night comes to mind...

He was restless for keeping in the dark. He knew that their situation had been stressing Yoongi more than anyone else. It's obvious how the younger had been keeping himself isolated from the rest...even from the sound engineers that he should had been working with. He's once again reverting to the Yoongi back then, safeguarding his heart from the world, including them. So, as a sensible eldest should, he kicked his way to the younger's home and demanded answers.

"Hyung. I am tired."

"I know. You are always tired."

"Hyung." Yoongi tsked in annoyance, but Jin didn't crumble. He persisted and with some whisky he coaxed some answers out.

"When did you know Dal-rae-ah?" Jin repeated.

"I didn't know her name. I didn't even know her. I just... I just felt different when I saw her." Yoongi muttered, just enough for Jin to clearly hear him. "She was there among the crowd... She was lovely. I-I couldn't stop staring at her. I could remember her smiling with her companion. Then... Then...." The ice clings loudly against the glass as he shakes its contents, swirling it with his tornado of emotions.

"Yoongi-ah." Jin gasps with the tears on the man's eyes.

Yoongi sniffs then clears his throat, shaking the seemingly horrors on his head. "When our eyes met, I knew she was my soulmate. There was this instant connection, a ping, an instant bell ringing. B-but instead of the same recognition, she became so afraid and she ran..."

"Wait. Was this the time you excused yourself during a fan sign? You didn't come back. The staffs said you felt ill." He could still remember how quickly the man left the venue. He could just watch the man go as he had to entertain the remaining fans, assuming he was having a stomach bug or something.