Chapter 3: Debt

"So, Street, I gotta talk to you about that gig I mentioned last week." Deacon began as the elevator doors closed

"Yeah? You got the details?" Street asked curiously.

"Somewhat. So, a buddy of mine called me and said these two young stars, he didn't say who, were looking to rent out the space where the old fair used to be for a music video."

"You mean the old Amuse R Us? The one by the beach dock?" Street asked puzzled

"Yeah, that one."

"That's been closed for decades. Is it still standing?"

"Just a bunch of broken down rides and stuff...I heard some of it is used for Halloween parties and stuff like that. I know the old Ferris wheel still stands."

TIIIIIN

The elevator doors swung open and both men walked out to the parking lot, both thinking. Deacon focused on the gig and Street wondered about the details. When they exited the building, Deacon continued.

"Listen, this gig is going to bring in a huge check. My contact says we'll make more in this gig than we would in three!"

"Woah!" Street said surprised

"Yeah, these two mega stars are willing to pay some big bucks for top of the line security. It will be a crowded weekend, so they want extra security. Buddy of mine told me they're requesting personal detail everywhere they go, from the moment they land, until the moment they leave!"

"It's going to be the whole weekend?"

"We'll pick them up on Friday night, shooting starts on Saturday and we'll drop them off Sunday at midnight."

"Dang! So...no sleep for Monday's shift?"

 "Unfortunately so, but my buddy told me those two are willing to throw in extra compensation for anyone willing to offer them close detail. So..."

"That's tempting! I guess sleeping can be done Monday night!"

RIIING

RIING

"Give me a second." Deacon requested as he opened the car door with one hand and took his cellphone out with the other. 

"Hello" Deacon answered as he listened in

Deacon turned around, listening close. Street just stood there, awkwardly. He thought about returning to HQ, but honestly, he wasn't looking forward to working with the recruits. It had been a long morning of dragging his behind out of bed after a long cleaning shift the day before. Matter of fact, the only reason he didn't call in sick was because he didn't want to get at it with Chris... and Rubio was driving him crazy to take him to Miss Rita's. He made sure to remind him not to play baseball with his friends once there. Boy was still with the soft cast and the doc made it clear: he couldn't stress it...but it was a struggle! It was definitely a challenge to tell Rubio to stay still! Street, however, felt his hole body ache!

"Ok. Thank you ma'am." he heard Deacon say as he shrugged

"Everything ok, D?" Street asked curious

"Yeah" he said still puzzled. "That was the deputy. Prosecution made a deal with the defense. Looks like I wont have to rush back for the show down after all!"

15 miles south, Miss Rita's house...

"Alright, boys. You can play in the yard, but be careful now." Miss Rita said as she sat down on her favorite rocking chair in her back porch. She watched as her steps were filled with bags and belongings.