Chapter 28: Death trap

"Hey honey! How are things going?"

"Good. Sammy and Matthew finally settled down, working on some Lego figure in the living room table, Tory finished her bag for the camp and is now watching a movie with Lila in her bedroom. And don't worry, Lila took her meds as scheduled."

"And you did the laundry like I told you?"

"Yes, ma'am! Even got the kids to help out folding and storing."

"Wow! I'm impressed."

"I don't know why because we run a tight ship, you and me!"

"That's why I love you."

"I love you too! How is the group work going?"

 "You know? You were right. I just had to give it a try."

"See?"

"Yeah, I mean, they are very meticulous and responsible. Like, right now, we're taking a break but like with a specific time and everything. I feel confident about this after all." she said nodding her head slowly

"Good. Some times it's good to work on your own, but at times you also need others' input and interactions, honey." Deacon said

"Yeah." she paused as she took a look outside, noticing Chris' car hadn't moved. "Didn't you tell me Chris was working on a huge thing downtown for a special task force?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Wonder what she's doing in Brown Stone, at the Italian restaurant."

"Italian restaurant?" he asked puzzled, then said "That's probably Street picking up food."

Annie thought for a moment. "Um...is he picking up for a whole army? He's been there for over 20 minutes now."

"That's strange. Give me a sec and I'll make a call."

"Ok, check on the boys, make sure they're not messing around in the living room."

"Will do. Have fun!"

As Annie hung up, she decided to take a look at the restaurant. She wanted to check if she could spot either Chris or Street. She crossed the busy road and took a glance through the glass windows. At the far end of the restaurant she spotted Street sitting on a chair in front of a booth, with an envelop in his hand. Because of the glare in the window and the corner wall, plus the reception's back wall, she couldn't make who was in front of him. She was only able to identify a feather, maybe on someone's hat. She saw as a man who seemed like a waiter stood next to the table and noticed her presence in the window. She immediately turned and quickly headed back to the cafe.

Once on the other side, she hurriedly turned back and noticed a white van coming around from the alley behind the building of the restaurant. The same waiter came out and handed a bag to the driver. She thought it was curious that the van wasn't identified with neither the restaurant's name or a food delivery service. Plus, the bag was too small to hold containers or pizza boxes. She took a step back and using the store's outdoor seating as disguise she hurriedly took a picture of the van as it turned the corner of the cafe. She immediately sent a message to her husband.

You were right. Street is inside with an envelope. Someone with a feather.  A man attending Street gave the driver of a van a mystery bag. I'll sen you a pic with the plate.

RIIIIING

RIIIIING

"Yo, D! I'm in the gym, can't this wait?" answered Hondo in between breaths

He was in the middle of an intense boxing workout, as sweat raced down his bare chest and abdominal muscles. Both obliques moved in rhythm as his lungs needed to keep up with the intense motions.