Chapter 33: If

"Sure. It's Matthew's." he said as he opened up the back door and located it. He took it out and handed it to Hondo, " He wore it for an activity. He wanted to impress a girl, that we know he likes, but since he wont say anything we don't press the issue."

"Wonder why."

"He's super shy, besides the girl is Muslim. He probably thinks we wont accept her or something."

As soon as the two departed, Hondo headed to a nearby parking lot to change. He didn't want to get Deacon involved, so he didn't even mention his plan. He lifted his shirt through both arms, then his head, and put on the black polo shirt he had in a bag in the trunk of his car. He always kept a bag with clothes and essentials, just in case! He then put on the tie and found an envelop, n which he wrote his initials HH. Then, he followed the GPS to the residential area and pretended to be a delivery person to the front Marshall. He wasn't allowed in the building, so he waited by his car.

I'm so tired...exhausted. But I'm going home! Finally! I can't wait to kick off my shoes and rest. I don't care how messy it is, I just want my guy, my boy and my dog. Forget about this prison cell. I can't wait to get outta here! Even if I don't make it to captain and tomorrow they announce Sims as the general commander of the MST task force, I'm going to be okay. I gave it my all. Chris thought as she organized her things, placing hem neatly in her two duffel bags.

RIIIIIING

RIIING

Ringing? Now? It definitely caught her off guard. She had finished every shore for the day and examinations were over, so...who could it be?

I hope it's him. I want to throw myself on him and never stop kissing him. Stroke his dimples down to his massive neck and shoulders. Feel his heart beat through his muscular pectorals... she thought digging deep into her fantasies, until...

RIIIING

RIIING

"Hello" she answered somewhat annoyed to have her thoughts interrupted

"Sergeant, did you order a delivery?" Sanders asked

"What?" she answered puzzled

"There's a delivery man from HH Delivery. Says you ordered a Cruiselane Package, specialty of the house. "

Wait! Cruiselane? HH? That sounds familiar. she thought

"I did, but I need the supplements, according to my nutritionist."

"Weird, I just saw him carrying an envelope....but ok. He requested you meet him up front."

"Yes, sir. Thank you." she said just before hanging up

Shewent down the elevator holding an apple in one hand and her wallet on the other, just to play along. She waved at Sanders and made her way up front. That defiant pose, the frown and that particular male fragrance that could be sensed for miles could only be of her former leader.

"I knew the 2H stood for something. Hondo Harrelson!" she said with a smile.

"Just play along, Chris. How you've been?" he said with a wide smile underneath the mask, the eyeglasses and the hoodie.

He handed her the envelope, which of course was empty. She dumped her half eaten apple, then began opening her wallet, as if she were to pay.

"We don't have much time...and I don't wanna get you in trouble."

"Something happened? Rubio? Street?" she panicked

"No, they're fine." he paused to allow her to regain her breath. "Talked with Luca and you're boy made him a fortune today in the truck." she giggled and shook her head, "Your guy Street was meeting with Alex. Make sure you give him a call."