Chapter 24: Loud

"Uh...yes. Do I know you?" Street answered puzzled

"No, but I know you." the young officer said. He turned to the Marshall and said, "I'll take it from here." He then turned to Street, "Come with me, officer."

The Marshall took a step back and the young man directed Street through the huge pair of tinted security doors. Inside he found another Marshall by the elevator. He noticed that the lobby was pretty bare, holding just two decorative big leafy on huge porcelain vases and a plaque in the wall to the far end. In the middle stood a small counter with a computer monitor and a desk lamp. The rest of the area was white and grayish walls.

The officer guided Street through the reception area towards the side. They entered what looked to be a dining area with tables and chairs. He stopped and turned to Street.

"You met my father, Lieutenant Sanders, in the hospital. He went by to thank you and Sergeant Alonso for saving my life in the mission in the woods. Do you remember?"

"Yes, of course. Are you..?"

"Yes, officer. I'm his son, Carl Sanders." he said extending his hand to shake

"Oh, nice to meet you." he said. The officers shook hands. Then Carl looked everywhere, making sure no one could hear them.

"Is everything alright with the boy? My father told me you two have a son." he whispered

"Yeah, he's fine. I just...had some time and well...I need to talk to her." Street whispered desperately

"I'm sorry, but the rules here are very strict. They wont even allow officers to have family pictures in their rooms!" Carl whispered sternly

"Oh, ok." Street said as he hung his head low and began turning around

"Hey!" he called, as Street froze. "Um....this could cost me my career, but... she saved my life. So, I guess I owe her big. Give me a second." Street turned to face him, grinning.  "I'll get you a couple of minutes with her."

"Thanks, man!" he said exchanging fist pumps

"Wait here. Behind the wall. If somebody asks, just say family emergency, consulting superiors." he instructed as he left quickly.

From behind the corner wall, Street could see the man heading towards the front counter. He saw him dial some numbers in the line phone, speak something, then quickly hang up. He turned to his partner in the desk and whispered something. The other officer took a look at the direction his partner had taken Street and then nodded. Some minutes later...

TIIIIIN

The elevator doors swung open and a sleepy Chris came out, rubbing her eyes and reading a manual. She held the booklet in one hand up to her face, while eating an apple with the other. Street smiled as he always remembered how she used to eat a lot while in SWAT. He used to wonder how someone so skinny could always be so hungry all the time!

Without lowering the book or the apple, she approached the counter and reported herself to the gentlemen. Officer Sanders leaned in to her and whispered something. She lowered the manual and stopped the bite midway as she looked at him in awe. He jaw dropped, as she looked towards the side. Street, on the other hand, immediately opened his backpack and with one hand took out the rose, while the other zipped opened the front of the bag, dug into it and removed the black box, placing it discretely in his back pocket .  

She swerved around the counter, then moved quickly to the dinning area. She pretty much forgot about the book and the apple as she widened her eyes when she saw him. A big smile of surprise spread from ear to ear and she threw herself into his body. He began to giggle, as he saw her emotion. Manual and apple fell to the floor as the couple entangled in a full on kissing session. She wrapped her arms around his neck, while he held her tight to his body. They kissed as if they hadn't seen each other...for years!

Meanwhile, back at the Harrelson's, the three ladies had kicked Hondo out of the conversation as talks of a huge Baby Shower took over the conversation.

"Well, I guess I'll get the beverages since I aint respected in my own house!" complained Hondo as the ladies ignored his remark and continued to chose between baby elephant or little bees, as Winnie kept calling most of Bri's ideas corny. 

"C'mon, that sounds like fun." Nichelle said trying to compromise

"Now, Nichelle! You just being condescending!" Winnie snapped as Bri placed a hand up, gesturing stop.

Hondo shook his head and went for some sodas and lemonade. He figured his opinion wasn't worth sharing since they had pretty much ignored him for the past 8 minutes or so! He prepared a batch of lemonade, served up some charcuterie and headed towards the laughing ladies in the living room.

RIIIIING

RIIIING

"Hey! What's up homie?" he answered.

He held his cellphone to his ear with his shoulder, as he plated the refreshments. Nichelle was the only one who actually noticed, since the other two ladies were still buzzing about decorations and such.

"Aight. Sounds good. I'll be there!" he said as he walked away and headed towards his room to change and grab his gym bag.

"Where do you think you're going?" Nichelle asked standing at the door

Hondo jumped out of his skin, startled by the female voice. "Baby, you scared me. Damn!" he said as he changed shirt. He placed a lose breathable tank top, one that slightly showed his pectorals but was tight enough around the shoulders. Then, he grabbed a similar one and placed it inside of the bag. "One of the guys hit me up for some bball, down at 43rd."

"Bball? I don't think so." Nichelle said shaking her head, crossing her arms on her chest

"Baby, why not? You don't need me here!" he complained

"You're not leaving me here with your sisters, Hondo. They're not BFFs, you know?"

Hondo giggled, as he replied, "C'mon, baby! There's too much estrogen here! My sistas be playing, that's all. You'll be aight!" he said zipping the bag and swinging it over his shoulder.

KNOCK

KNOCK

They both turned their attention to the door, as even the sisters sat frozen in the living room. Nichelle took a deep breath, but before she could move a muscle, Brianna's voice was heard as she announced "I'll get that!"

She got up and excitingly ran to the door. She looked through the peephole and shrugged, not recognizing the person behind the door. Winnie had followed her and was now standing at the hallway.

"Should I?" Bri asked, looking at Winnie, who shrugged and turned towards the couple who had moved to the door of the room. Hondo nodded as Nichelle gestured with her hand to go ahead.

Brianna opened the door to reveal an elegant older lady standing next to a bright younger gal wearing a beautiful yellow dress. Nichelle immediately recognize her mother and younger sister, Kayla.

GASP

Nichelle immediately ran to the door. "Momma!" she called excited

"Hi baby! Or should I say momma too?" her mother greeted excitedly

"Hi!" Kayla greeted loudly

"OHHHH MY GOOOOOD!!!! AAHHH" yelled all three as they hugged together

Nichelle was so excited, she literally forgot about Hondo, as Brianna and Winnie smiled. The three hugging ladies them turned excitingly towards the sisters and quickly introduced themselves.  Hondo just smiled and giggled at their emotion. He was hoping all of them would get along, especially now that they will become family.