Falling Apart

After Two day's of hospital incident. Imlie still couldn't forget how Aryan has accused her saying she's taking advantage of his trust. For the first time in her life she doubted if it was the same Aryan she has known till now. She knows that Aryan believes in facts and she didn't have proof against Jo. But never did she think Aryan would outright say those things to her either.

What did you expect? That he would target Jyoti as soon as you say everything. He needs proofs to do that. Even I was not prepared to believe first that Joyoti ji could be the culprit. Yes, but he could at least trust my words. Didn't he say that I was the truth of his life? And now my words are not strong enough for him to believe? Did I expect too much from him? - imlie thinks to herself.

This two day's imlie didn't talk to Aryan at all. Not even when she posed as Kairy. Aryan was relieved that Kairy wasn't disturbing him anymore but equally getting restless by this silent treatment of imlie. It's not like they did not talk at all. When he asks something to her she replies nonchalantly as if nothing happened between them. But she would not say anything from herself. No one in the house would understand that something is wrong between them. Aryan has started to notice that nowadays imlie keeps a pillow by her side while sleeping which he suspects is to keep a distance from him.

Another thing imlie has been doing since the hospital incident is that, she makes her own food or would eat foods which are made by Kairy, Didi or Sundar only. She has openly refused to have foods that are made by Joyoti or anyone else in the house. She normally wouldn't even eat with them in the dining table anymore. Even Sundar and Di have also become very careful about imlie's wellbeing. Imlie mostly eats in the kitchen right after she or di-sundar prepare the food.

That day Aryan brought her some fruit juice and she asked him if it was made by him and if he had gone anywhere keeping the juice in the kitchen before getting it to her. It Peirced him seeing how dubious she has become even though they were not directed at him.

One night imlie was talking over phone.

Imlie: hello, is it City Hospital?

Receptionist: yes. How can I help you mam?
Imlie: actually I need some information about a patient. She was admitted in your hospital on last Sunday. Her name is Jyoti.

Receptionist: sorry mam. We cannot share any information about our patient to outsiders. It's against the protocol.

Imlie: but I really need it. Please try to understand. I need to know what happened to her.

Receptionist: sorry mam. If you need any information then please bring the patient's consent or any legal documents. Otherwise we can't help on this matter.

The phone gets cut.
Imlie: now what will we do imaliya. Of course you cannot take Jyoti's consent. And to take out the medical report I will need some higher connection like some police warranty. How will I get that? I don't know such people. ABP does but of course I cannot ask him for that. Now who will help us Imaliya?

Aryan's voice come: Help? For what?

Imlie gets startled. She looks back and sees Aryaan is standing at the door looking questioningly at him. Imlie thanks Sita Maya that he didn't hear anything.

Imlie: nothing.
Imlie gets up to go to bed and prepares her pillows.

Aryan: I heard you saying that you need help. Why aren't you telling me now what it is about?

Imlie: nothing that should concern you ABP. Toka Chinta Karne Ka jaroorat Nahi hein. I'll manage.

Aryan sits on the bed.

Aryan: why imlie? Why are you doing this? You're not even talking to me. Why can't you tell me what's bothering you? Don't I have right to know what you are worried about?

Imlie: depends on at what right you are asking me as.

Aryan: what do you mean? I'm your husband, your partner, your friend. Why do you have to do everything alone imlie? Tell me so I can help you.

Imlie takes a breath: Fine. Then let me tell you. Whatever I'm worried about I don't want to share it with my husband because he won't understand it. I can't share it with my partner because I've lost him a few days ago. And as a friend? (Imlie laughs) we are not friends, Aryaan. We never were.

Aryan whispers getting hurt: we're not?

Imlie: no we are not. Friendship is a strong relationship. It has some unmovable trust in it. Something that I have for Madhav, you have for Jyoti ji, and........ Aditya sir had for Malini di. Something that you and I never had.

Aryan felt as if his world his falling apart. Already imlie was not talking to him these days. Now called him by his first name and declared that they are not friends. She said that they are not partners anymore. Now she sees him only as her husband. And she has mentioned Aditya-Malini's name after like forever. The drag of Aditya-Malini's friendship reminds him of what imlie had endured at Tripathi house regarding this trust issues. He realizes what happened that day after coming back from hospital, imlie is deeply hurt by his words. His words has caused her to revive her bad past.

Aryan: imlie, I'm sorry for what I said that day. Look I trust you. You are my my friend. That day I was just disappointed that you

Imlie: And now you can't disappoint me anymore, ABP. You've lost the power that day. And relax. You don't have to give any explanation. I'm not hurt, really. It's not your fault that I expected something out of box and you couldn't give that.

This is what Aryaan is hating. Imlie's blunt smile with those void stares. Before whenever she looked at him, she would have a childlike smile and an innocent expectant gaze. But now she doesn't look at him. When she does, her smiles are formal, eyes with some empty questions only to give him replies. The more he's approaching to the victory of this battle, the more imlie is going away from him. This few days of differences has taken them so far away from each other that it feels like his life is going backward to that no peace, no light era. Where he and imlie we're just two strangers. The thought is as painful as death.

Aryan: you are doing this wrong with both of us, imlie.

Imlie smiles: ABP, I won't say anything right or wrong anymore to you without getting the proofs. But mark my words today,  by Sita Maya's name First I'll gather the proof and reveal Jyoti ji's bad deeds in front of you, then I'll get Madhav his justice and then,

Aryan: and then what?

Imlie: filhal ye teesri baat udhar rahi. Good night.

Then she turns around to sleep.