Dooriyan-23

Imlie hugs him tightly. Aryan becomes stiff.

Imlie: You won't lose anyone of your own again, ABP. Your kids won't go anywhere away from you. I promise you. You did not fail as a father. You're Aryan Singh Rathod. You're the pillar ABP. The pillar that holds the construction of a building but never shows off it's glory. Like you were to me. Like the way you always pushed me off my limits but never let me fall.

Aryan remains silent.

Imlie: They're your kids ABP. They know how to stand on their feet. Guide them like you did to me. Take the risk and let them falter. Let them fly. Like you did to me. I know they won't fall. I trust you. I know that you will never let them fall, ABP.

Aryan whispers: what if I let slip again imlie? Like I did to you.

Tears come out of Imlie's eyes. She stops breathing in shock. He confessed his guilt. She never thought Aryan would do that. She has always thought he blames her for everything.

Imlie: then I am right here. I will hold onto all three of you, Partner.

Aryan stops breathing this time. She has called him partner. After so long.

Aryan breaks the hug. He looks at imlie straight.

Aryan: Are we still partners, imlie?

Imlie Aryan stare at each other deeply.

Aryan in mind: answer me imlie. You have to answer me.

Imlie in mind: You know the answer akkadbagge. I will say this out loud only after you say what I want to hear from you.

None of them say anything for long time.

Aryan/imlie: why aren't you

Aryan's phone rings. He picks up the call.

Aryan on phone: Ha di. They have arrived? How many are them? Ok. I'm coming right away.

Aryan keeps the phone and looks at imlie.

Aryan: There is an interview in my office. I've to go now.

Imlie nods: ok. I'll wait here.(pauses) For the kids.

Aryan nods gulping: I'll come back here (pauses) for the kids.
...........................................................................
After that none of them talked about this topic. They started their daily fight. One day imlie come to Aryan's office with the kids. She opens the door and sees a girl is standing very close to Aryan's seat and smiling at him. Aryan is also smiling.

Iyan/Ishika screams: Dad.

Aryan smiles at them. They run to him. Imlie comes inside staring at the woman suspiciously.

The girl: Are they your kids, sir?

Aryan smiles: Yes.

Girl: So cute. What are your names babies?

Imlie thinks: Babies?

Iyan/Ishika: Iyan. Ishika.

Iyan: Ap kon ho?

Girl: My name is Preeti. I'm your Pappa's personal assistant.

Imlie in mind: personal assistant? When did this happen? Where is Shilpa? Oh. So that's why he left me at school that day😒

Iyan: Hi Preeti aunty. You're very pretty.

Preeti kisses Iyan's cheek happily: Aww. Thank you Iyan baby.

Aryan also smiles at them. Imlie stares at them open mouth.

Imlie in mind: Ek Preeta gayi nahi dusri Preeti aa gayi. Do they realise that I'm also standing here? Look at Aryan. He's smiling. Mujhe dekhkar to kabhi nahi muskurata hei wo. Or ye Preeta no Preeti ke sath to bade muskura ke baat kar raha hei😠

Imlie caughs loudly. Aryan looks at her.

Imlie: Lunch hour is getting over. We should start eating now.

Preeti: Oh. But sir had his lunch just now.

Imlie: what?

Preeti: yes mam. We finished our meeting early. So I arranged sir's lunch earlier today.

Imlie was very pissed by now.

Imlie: Oh. Fine then. Kids let's go to Arpita Didi's room. Since Dadda has already had his lunch I'm sure he will want to start working early today. We shouldn't disturb them. Let's go.

Aryan: No it's ok. I won't eat but I can accompany my kids while they have their lunch right?

Imlie in mind: Right. It's all about your kids always.

Imlie: are you sure that won't be waste of your time?

Aryan is shocked: Yes. It's absolutely fine. Let's start.

Imlie: Hm. I'll call Arpita Didi here then.

Preeti smiles: it's ok mam. I'll call her. You seat.

Imlie tries very hard to return the smile. Whole time imlie remains silent. She never felt like this before. Aryan never gave her any reason. She doesn't know where this insecurity came from.  At night she and Aryan are making the kids sleep.

Imlie: How long has she been here?

Aryan: who?

Imlie: Preeti.

Aryan: Only a few days. That day we had an interview in the office remember? She was selected that day.

Imlie: I didn't know you needed a personal assistant. Where is Shilpa?

Aryan: She's got transferred. She's handling our Goa's business now.

Imlie: Hm.

Aryan: is everything okay?

Imlie: why?

Aryan: You seem cold today. You're not talking much. Not smiling.

Imlie: when did I smile at you last time?

Aryan: not with me but

Imlie: when was the last time you smiled at me?

Aryan(shocked): what?

Imlie: nothing. I'm saying that I'm fine. Absolutely fine. But what happened to you? Why aren't you talking to ma?

Aryan becomes serious: we're not talking on this topic. Good night.

Imlie: Why? Now will we only talk on the topics that you give me permission to talk?

Aryan(loudly): Imlie. Not now. Sleep.

Imlie (also loudly): Why?

Aryan: Let the kids sleep. Don't bring absurd topic at this hour of night. Good night.

Imlie looks at her sleeping kids. She feels a little hurt. Aryan doesn't talk to her in that tone. She turns aside and closes her eyes.

To be continued..............