Dooriyan-24

Next morning Aryan feels bad for talking to Imlie rudely. Imlie makes the children ready for school takes them downstairs. Whole time she doesn't talk to Aryan. She feels uncomfortable inside but she can't understand why she's feeling such. At breakfast table Arpita says to Aryan.

Arpita: Aru can you do the meeting with Mr Bhatt today? I have some other important work.

Aryan: ok.

Arpita: thanks. I'll send my assistant with you there.

Aryan: No need. Send the documents to Preeti. I'll manage the rest.

Imlie in mind: Preeti has joined only a few days ago still ABP is wanting her for an important meeting? Does he trusts her that much? So what? He trusted me also when I was a newcomer at BT.(after two seconds) Are both of us same for him?

Imlie's heart pricked. She doesn't know why she's comparing. It makes her feel restless.

Imlie in mind: Don't be silly imaliya. Of course you two can be same for ABP when work is concerned. He always trusts and gives opportunity to those who are hardworking.

Ishika shouts: Mamma!

Imlie flinches: Hm? What happened?

Ishika: I'm saying that we're leaving. Won't you come with us?

Imlie: Oh. No. I won't go now. I have a meeting. I'll pick you up from school later.

Yash: I can excuse you for one hour.

Imlie: it's ok. They can go to school for one day without me.

Imlie in mind: no need. I don't want to stay alone in the car or anywhere with that nakchad akkadbagga. If he can set barrier as he wishes then I can draw my own line as well.

Iyan/Ishika kiss imlie: bye mamma.

Imlie smiles and kisses them: bye dear. Be good.

Aryan wants to say sorry to imlie but he doesn't know how to. He can see that imlie is upset.

Aryan: be ready in the evening. We've appointment with the counselor. I'll come to take you there.

Imlie: Hm.

Aryan hesitates. After some time he walks to imlie and kisses her forehead.

Aryan(sincerely): Bye. See you in the evening.

Imlie is stunned. Others smile. They are getting used to it. Imlie feels good a bit. She understood that it's his way of saying sorry.
......................................................................

In the evening Imlie gets ready and waits for Aryan. Time passes but Aryan doesn't come. After long time Imlie calls him. Preeti picks up.

Preeti: hello

Imlie: who's this?

Preeti: mam can you please tell first who are you?

Imlie is shocked: who am I? Didn't you check caller ID?

Preeti: Sorry mam. Your number is not saved in this phone. Who do you want?

Imlie: I'm imlie. Where's AB I mean Aryan?

Preeti: imlie? Oh mam. So sorry mam. Aryan sir is at a meeting. I'm his PA speaking.

Imlie: meeting? Can you tell him that he had another appointment right now.

Preeti hesitantly: Mam we're at an outdoor meeting right now. Sir told me not to disturb him during the meeting. Should I still go and tell him?

Imlie: No. No need to tell him anything. Thanks.

Imlie cuts the call. Her heart becomes heavy.

Imlie in mind: Now a meeting is more important to him than our relationship. If he was busy he could have told me beforehand. But he didn't feel it important informing me anything or the fact that I might be waiting for him at home. He doesn't even have your number saved in his phone. Stupid imlie. Here you were thinking things can become better. He doesn't want to do anything with you. All he cares about you is the kids. Accept it.

Her eyes fill with tears. Yash comes.

Yash: Imlie.

Imlie: Hm?

Yash: Ma is lot better now. I think I'll return to Bangalore.

Imlie: oh.

Yash: what should I do about you? Are you going to resign or start something here?

Imlie: why? Are you going to sack me ?

Yash laughs: of course not. It's your choice. As your full family is here now, you're not going back to Bangalore right? That's why I'm asking.

Imlie: I'm not leaving this job Yash.

Yash: then do you want to join our Delhi branch?

Imlie: No. I'm happy with my current position.

Yash(shocked): what do you mean? You want to go back to Bangalore?

Imlie: Hm.

Yash: Have you gone mad imlie? I thought you two have solved your problems regarding the kids.

Imlie sighs: we will soon.

Yash in mind: what is going on bro🙄. I'll have to talk to Aryan.
....................................................................
At night Aryan comes back home. Imlie was doing some work on laptop. Kids are playing outside.

Aryan: Why didn't you pick up my call?

Imlie (doesn't look at him): I didn't notice.

Aryan: why didn't you go to the counselor today? I was waiting for you there?

Imlie laughs and looks at him: You were waiting for me at the counselor? How am I supposed to know that when I was told that you were having an outdoor meeting?

Aryan: Yes I got stuck in the meeting. But you could go alone.

Imlie: You were supposed to pick me up. You could've inform me beforehand that you won't be able to do that. What was I supposed to do alone at the counselor? It's for both of us right?

Aryan: I told you that I got stuck in the meeting. I didn't know it would take so long. Later when I called you you didn't pick up my call.

Imlie: Good then we both had reasons to not show up.

Aryan: what's wrong with you imlie? Are you angry becoz I didn't pick you up?

Imlie smiles: Of course not. It's a mere counselling. Why should I be angry for not going there.

Aryan gulps(hurt): Right. A mere counselling. Nothing important of course.

Imlie turns off her laptop and lies down: kindly put the kids to sleep. I have headache today.

To be continued...........................