Dooriyan-12

At night
Yash: I'm sorry imlie. I didn't know you were related to Aryan's family.

Imlie: it's ok Yash. I didn't inform you anything.

Yash: Still you had to stay as my wife here. It must have been hurtful for you.

Imlie: doesn't matter. Jo beet gaya uspar humara koi hath nahi hei.

Yash: Wait. You are my bhabi now?

Imlie: Yash😠

Yash(laughs): sorry bhabi.

Imlie: I need your help.

Yash: what

Imlie: I need a lawyer immediately. Ab akkadb I mean Aryan agar kal lawyer ko bulanewala hei to mujhe bhi ek lawyer ki help lene padenge apne bachcho ke custody case jitne ke liye. Can you find me one?

Yash: imlie I'm sure Aryan is already planning my murder for posing you as my wife. Ab agar mai tumhare liye lawyer leke aau to wo mera dead body bhi gum kar dega.

Imlie(angry): Yash can you do it or not?

Yash: ok.

Aryan comes with the kids.

Iyan/Ishika: Mamma. Pops.

Yash: Wow Aryan bro you came at the right time.

Aryan: why?

Yash: imlie needs a lawyer. Can you arrange one for her?

Aryan/imlie: what?

Yash: yes imlie didn't know how to ask you so I asked on her behalf. Ab please ye mamla apne bich suljalo.

Yash leaves.

Aryan: You need lawyer?

Imlie: to hum ka hawa se ladiye ee case?

Aryan: jitna puchta hu utna hi jawab do. I'll talk a lawyer to take your case.

Imlie: kono jaroorat nahi hei. I'll find on my own.

Aryan gets angry: agar zaroorat nahi tha to mujhse madat manga hi kyu?

Imlie: Maine tumse madat nahi mangi hei. Yash se mangi thi.

Aryan: Ha Yash se hi to mangogi. Ab to wo mujhse zyada important ban gaya hei na.

Imlie: kya bola tumne?

Aryan: Kuch nahi.

Imlie: ha kucho kaheka khatir muh bhi hoveke chahiye.

Aryan: kya bola tumne?

Imlie: Kuch nahi.

Aryan: the kids want to sleep with me tonight.

Imlie: Bina puche to sabkuch chin lis ho ab ek tho rat ke liye ye marji mangne ka natak kahe karat ho?

Aryan: Mai tumhe puch nahi raha hu bata raha hu bass ok? Jo mera hei use mere pas rakhne ke liye mujhe tumhari marzi ki zaroorat nahi hei imlie. Or chinne ki baat kar rahi ho? Tumne jo mujhse mere zindegi ki 5 saal chin liye ho use wapis kar paogi kabhi? 

Imlie (stands close to Aryan): Wu 5 saal tohar jindegi ka hissa kabho tha hi nahi Aryan Singh Rathod. Wu hissa tum 5 saal pehle apan daftar ma humar bharosa ke sath hi chod dis ho. Phir bhi humne kousish ki tumhe apan sach ka hissa banane ka par tum mane hi. To humne hamesa ke khatir wu kissa tohar jindegi se khatam kar dis. Phir ab kahe humko blamiwavat ho? 

Aryan takes a step closer: Ab Ulta chor katwal ko dante? tum hoti kon ho meri zindegi ki hissa or kissa tai karne wali? Tum. Hoti kon ho mujhse mere zindegi churanewali? Who the bloody hell are you damnit.

Imlie: chillao mat. Bachche hei yaha.

Iyan and Ishika look at their parents scared. Aryan leaves angrily.

Next day imlie talking to the lawyer

Lawyer: Mrs Rathod apki case mein kuch weak points hei.

Imlie: how is that?

Lawyer: pehli baat ap or mr Rathod ne abhi tak divorce nahi liya. Are you planning on divorce?

Imlie (shocked): No. I don't need divorce. I only want my kids with me.

Lawyer: par Mrs Rathod court aise nahi chalta. You need some legal documents to get you justiced. Dekhiye pehle apko mujhe ye batana padega ki bachcho ko lekar Mr Rathod se alag kyu hue or kab?

Imlie (hesitantly): I had some reason lawyer that I don't want to disclose.

Lawyer: Mrs Rathod ye aise nahi hoga. You have to tell me everything warna mai apko court mein represent kaise karunga?

Imlie uncomfortably tells everything to the lawyer. Lawyer listens to her.

Lawyer: that's a strong point Mrs Rathod. If we can proof to the court that your husband was not supportive and your in-laws have tortured you during your pregnancy and raised questions on your character we can easily get the case in our favour.

Imlie: No lawyer. I don't want any of my family members dragged into this. Past is past. Already many people got to know what I have been hiding for so long I don't want the who world to know it now.

Lawyer: but Mrs Rathod how are you going to win the case then? You don't want a divorce you don't want to bring up your in-laws deeds. You are a single woman with not so stable income source. Mr Rathod is lot stronger than you in these aspects. Also Mr Rathod's lawyer is not going to play nice with you when you've lied to his client and set up the doctors to lie.

Imlie: I was helpless that time.

Lawyer: why? Are you ready to tell that in the court?

Imlie: No.

Lawyer: then you're posed as a lair in front of the court Mrs Rathod and the jury won't favour the mother in this case. If you don't show evidence in your favour, you'll be accused of lying to your opponent and lose the case and custody will be handed to the father automatically.

Imlie (agitated): why lawyer? Can't a woman choose her own life? Can't a wife get separated from her husband? Can't a mother keep her children with her? Don't I have the right live my life in my own way? My kids are very small. I've been raising them alone all this while still never gave up or gave them any reason to complain. Then why can't I keep my kids with me just becoz I want to?

Lawyer: I'm sorry Mrs Rathod. I don't mean to upset you but this is how our system works. We still affiliate women with men. you don't have any male support for you or your kids.  You could easily have your kids to yourself by mutual negotiation with Mr Rathod. But Mr Rathod himself is filing case against you. We have the truth but you are not willing to reveal it.

Imlie: why? Does a child need only his father's financial support? Doesn't he need his mother for his up bringing? How come his mother's income is not counted as stable source?

Lawyer: I can understand Mrs Rathod but financial support is more considered as the father's responsibility in these cases. And about the kids, the children need both of their parents for their upbringing. Apart from financial criterion their mental health, physical health, family values, individuality should also be taken care of. And let me tell you this custody fight between parents hampers their mental health greatly. They have to face many challenges in their academic places and to the outer world. No child wants a single parent. They want and need both and it's parent's call which one to prioritize. So Mrs Rathod please think thoroughly what you want to do now.

To be continued.............