Chapter 13

Alissa's POV

We were getting ready for the ball that would take place in a few minutes. I think there are some guests here already. I don't even know why I feel so nervous.

I've done my hair and makeup and smiled. This is really special to me. I've never had the chance to do my hair and makeup and dress up.

I walked out, finding Olivia and Amelia glaring at each other. Must have had another fight.

They both looked at me. "You! We don't like you at all but which one of us looks like the most beautiful!? I personally think it's definitely me." Olivia said, rolling her eyes and folding her arms.

"Um." I didn't want to get stuck into this situation, but thankfully master barged in.

"Perfect, you're all ready, downstairs now." He ordered. The other two were about to walk out, but it seemed like master had something to say to me.

"Alissa?" He asked.

"Yes master?" I asked, looking over to him.

"You look more gorgeous than a sparkling diamond." His words made me blush.

"Thank you master." I said, bowing my head down.

"Let's head downstairs. Shall we?" He asked, opening the door leading the way.

I nodded, I walked out and headed downstairs.

There were many stares making me feel uncomfortable. I've always preferred being in the shadows.

I never really liked being noticed. You get me?

Then Princess Diana approached us the second she saw Master. She smiled sweetly, but there was something else in that smile. I couldn't quite put my finger on it.

All I could say was that whatever I saw wasn't good. She doesn't have a good vibe either. But when does she ever have a good vibe.

She looked over to me, crossing her arms. "Aren't you going to bow to your future queen!? Gosh, you must work on your manners!" I jumped and bowed quickly.

"Forgive me your grace." I said, looking back up and then looking around the room awkwardly, I felt like a total fool.

"Blue? Like the queen? I think the queen looks much better in blue than her, don't you think Marky? I think anyone looks better in blue than her." Master rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, sure. " Master said, annoyed.

"And what do you think of me? Don't I look like the grand jewel of this whole kingdom?" She's extremely confident. I can see that for sure.

"Yeah. Red suits you." He whispered, completely uninterested.

"I chose red because it's the color of passion and love. Everything that I'll show my future king every day of his life." She said, holding on to masters arm, but he just rolled his eyes again. "What are you still doing here! Leave!" She said, folding her arms again quietly, yelling at me, with her teeth clenched.

I jumped and bowed, "Yes, your grace." I walked away quickly, I looked down at the floor until I bumped into a beautiful woman who had a crown like all the queens in this place.

"Oh, I'm goodness, your Majesty. I'm so sorry!" I said, my hands were beginning to get sweaty. Dammit why me!? I'm such a clumsy fool.

"Oh, it's fine, don't kill yourself over it. You're fine, what's your name?" She asked sweetly.

"My name is Alissa Valentine." She dropped her glass and gasped. Everyone around us stopped and looked at us. I jumped at her actions.

It was quiet until she said "Oh I'm sorry, please don't stop keep on going, nothing to see here!" Everyone went back to what they were doing, I took a deep breath.