Chapter 17

Katherine's POV

It was twelve in the morning, and I was stuck reading a story on Wattpad.

I couldn't sleep anyway, my heart was hurting, I couldn't stop thinking of Mark, my parents, my new fiance who I honestly don't want to even mention but I'm thinking of him anyway, and my stupid live.

Everything is going wrong for me. They separated Mark and I.

I felt like breaking down, but what's the use of that? It won't change the fact that I'm marrying someone I don't love.

I'm marrying the brother of the man I truly love. I wish it wasn't him, I wish I wasn't dragged in this mess.

If no one took me, I wouldn't be in this stupid position, and I would have never known Mark.

I wouldn't be stuck in this stupid situation. I just don't know how I'm going to get over him.

I'll have to deal with his stupid, overly confident brother, ruling by my side till the day I die.

This whole this is making me cringe. Why him? Why did I get the prince of all assholes?

The door opened, catching all of my attention.

I assumed it was one of my parents, but unfortunately not. I looked up and took a deep breath.

"What do you want?" Cole looked at me and cocked an eyebrow.

His right hand was behind his back.

"Isn't it obvious? I came to see my little kitten." He took out his right hand. He was holding a rose.

He handed it to me, OK, maybe he isn't that much of an ass but it doesn't change the fact that I don't love him.

I gently took the rose from him and smelt it. I know it wasn't from the man I wanted, but I still smiled. I've never gotten a rose from anyone.

"Thank you." I whispered, giving him a small smile

"Baby, I think you could thank me better." He bent down and tapped his lips with his index finger. My heart began to beat fast.

He was expecting a kiss on his lips but instead since I couldn't bring my lips to his. I was able to kiss only his cheek.

I couldn't kiss him, I couldn't kiss someone who isn't Mark. I mean, Cole is attractive, but tell me Mark isn't way hotter.

He looked at me for a moment and kissed me roughly and forcefully. He grabbed my head and pulled me as close as he could to him.

I tried pulling away, but he was too strong. He took my phone and rose from me and put it on the dresser.

He climbed on top of me, and all I wanted was Mark at this point.

I began crying and kicking, I did everything in my power to get him off, but nothing seemed to work.

I didn't want to get raped, I've had so many times. I finally got away, and now it's happening again.

There is one of my answers. He is going to be an abusive husband. He grabbed me and pulled my nightgown off.

"No. Please, no. " I whimpered. He pressed his lips together and got off.

I looked at him, and he walked towards the bathroom. After a few minutes, I was curled up into a ball, and I saw him carrying a rag.

I shook my head and lowered my head down to my knees. He grabbed a handful of my hair and pulled me back.

My back was now hitting his chest. He put the rag over my mouth, and soon, everything was getting black.

I knew after this I was going to get raped.

...

I woke up fully dressed, my head hurt, is this what a hangover felt like? I don't know because I don't drink.

Memories flooded right back into my mind, I gasped and curled up into a ball. My eyes watered, but before I could get to full-on crying mode, I felt queasy.

I ran to the bathroom and threw up, I flushed the toilet and came back to lay on my bed.

I didn't feel like speaking nor getting out of bed. I just wanted to drown in sorrow.

The door opened, but I kept holding onto the covers, not caring who it was.

It was my mother, "Hey baby cakes, you missed breakfast, what's wrong?" She asked curiously.

"Nothing, mom. I feel sick, I'm sorry I hadn't shown up for breakfast." She took her hand and felt my head.

"Baby, you don't have a fever. Maybe you just have the stomach flu, I'll let you skip royal training for today, but that's it, okay?" I nodded slowly.

Soon, her footsteps ended, and the door shut. I shut my eyes, and I hugged the blankets tightly.

I wanted Mark, I always do, but he somehow always makes everything much better for me.

...

It's been a few days, and I've been throwing up every morning. Then it finally came to my mind: Am I pregnant?

No, that couldn't be. There is no way I'm going to have Cole's baby!

Everything began spinning, and I sat down. "Darling? Are you alright?"

I looked over to my father, who was drinking tea with my mother. They both gave me a curious look.

"Yes, I'm fine." I whispered.

"Do you want me to call a doctor?" My father asked. I nodded.

"Please." I responded, and he nodded.

"Violet!?" He yelled. The maid came rushing in. 

"Yes, your Highness?" She asked sweetly.

"Call a doctor and tell him it's urgent."

Violet nodded, bowed, then walked away rapidly.

...

The doctor came, and he examined me. "Well, there is only one word I could say to describe what's going on." The doctor said.

"What is that?" I hesitantly asked.

"Pregnant, you're pregnant." My heart nearly stopped.

"You should have called me four months ago, though." I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Why four months ago?" I asked.

"Because that's how long you've been pregnant." I gulped. It can't be.

Then this baby isn't Cole's.

It's Mark's.