Chapter 15

My heart was racing. All I could say was, "Please be Mark." Everything was quiet for too long.

"Who is it?" I asked.

Silence hit the room again, but I spoke up because it was killing me.

"Tell me. Is it Mark?" My father looked at me and pressed his lips together.

"I'm afraid not." My mother said lowly.

"Then who?"

I felt so sad when they said it wasn't Mark, I don't even know why I even bothered to think that it could be him.

Mark was already promised to princess Diana, Princess of Spain.

She was very beautiful. I can see why they chose her over me.

"Prince Cole LaRose." I nearly choked.

Cole? I can't marry Cole!

"Are you guys crazy?!"

"You've come of age, darling." I looked up to my father, who looked like he was hurting.

"We'll be with you every step of the way, baby. I'm sorry, if we could we would let you marry the man you love but what's done is done."

My father stroked my cheek lightly and gave me a small smile. "Please don't hate me, baby girl." I blinked over and over again, trying to process this whole thing in my mind.

Is this really happening, or am I just having a bad dream?

"I don't hate you, it's just, why Cole? Why not anyone else besides him?"

"Because he has a lot of power, and it'll be better if he ruled by your side." He explained.

"But father?" My mother took a deep breath calming herself.

"Please don't make this any harder than it is and take the responsibility." He said lowly. I gulped.

"Yes, father."

"Get ready then. We're having dinner with them."

"But we just got here." My palms had begun getting sweaty.

"They're coming over here, love."

My father left a kiss on my head and as well as my mom. My heart was beating quickly. Ugh, that means I have to see Cole. Mark. And his stupid fiance.

I quickly got dressed, and there were many dresses stored in the closet already. Looks like they've been waiting for me for so long.

I looked at myself in the mirror. I can do this. It's just Mark.

The door opened downstairs, this is it.I can do this.

I walked downstairs, catching Cole's attention. I looked at him for a split second and then looked over to Mark, who was also staring at me.

Everything became awkward between Mark and I now, and I didn't like it.

"My future queen!" Cole said, opening his arms and walking towards me and pulling me into a tight hug.

I looked over to Mark, who was infuriated. He looked at me and then trailed to the floor, rubbing his chin uncomfortably.

I looked over to my parents, who gave me a look to hug back. I did what they wanted, but slowly.

I slowly brought my arms up to hug him back. He pulled away and smirked. "How'd I get so lucky?"

He acts as if we've known and loved each other for years. I don't love him.. I loved his brother.

I didn't speak, only glued my eyes to the floor and lightly stroked my arm.

"Let's eat, shall we?" Cole said enthusiastically.

We walked into the dining room, but Cole was pulled back by his brother.

Mark's POV

I pulled Cole's ass back before he even got into the dining room.

"What do you want?" He asked like a whiny ten year old kid.

"Cole, have you noticed that you startled her?"

"She was fine, and here's an idea. Why don't you worry about your fiance and not MINE!?"

"Yours!? She's mine. She was mine to begin with, not yours!"

"Too bad, you're promised to the Princess of Spain, and I'm promised to the Princess of Scotland!" He smirked.

"Are you trying to piss me off? Look, I don't even care. Just go easy on her she's delicate!" Cole opened his mouth to say something but was interrupted by the brat.

"Baby, come on!" She pouted, holding my arm. I rolled my eyes

"Just remember about what I said to you, Cole." He rolled his eyes and nodded like this was a joke to him.

Katherine's POV

Both the princes and princess walked in. Mark looked mad, Cole took a seat next to me.

...

Thought he whole diner everyone was speaking with each other, I kept quiet and only listened.

"So sweetheart?" I looked over to Cole. He came closer to me. I felt very uncomfortable.

"Tell me about yourself." He said, smirking.

"I-I um- I love to read. I'm eighteen." I felt like I was having a nervous breakdown, but I kept my cool.

"Perfect!" He got up and took out his hand."Come on." I took his hand. I heard Mark clear his throat in the background.

...

We walked outside, Cole had his arm around my waist as we walked.

He pulled me so I would be facing him. Our faces were inches apart from each other.

I gulped. He was about to kiss me at any moment now, but then we got interrupted by Mark.

"It's time to go." Cole growled in frustration.

"Why?! Why do you always ruin my moments!? Especially moments like this?!"

"Sorry? Habit." Mark said, laughing to himself a little. Cole growled and walked away.

I shut my eyes and took a deep breath

"You alright?" Mark walked in front of me. He looked so beautiful in the moonlight.

I concentrated on his blue eyes that always made me melt inside.

"Katherine?" I snapped out of it.

"Hmm? Sorry." He smirked.

Then he said something unexpected.

"Can I kiss you?" I bit my lip. He pulled me to him so I would be hitting his chest.

I looked up to his eyes, then his lips. He was doing the same. He bent down to kiss me, and he did.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, and he pulled away to catch his breath.

He bit his lip and smiled at me, letting out a small laugh. Then we heard someone clear his throat in the background.

It was Cole. He chuckled devilishly.

"That was a mistake."

Mark looked terrified and ran after him.