Chapter 16

Mark's POV

"Cole!?" I yelled behind him.

Cole didn't turn around, I got in front of him. He had an angry face, like he wanted to kill me.

"That was a big mistake and you will pay!" He ran inside the castle, and I followed.

"Father!" He yelled, my heart nearly stopped, not this again.

I can't let this happen; I won't let it happen.

He turned around, "What?" He asked, lifting an eyebrow.

"Mark forced himself on my fiance!" Cole yelled.

My heart nearly stopped, what the fuck?! How dare he say that?

"Oh fuck no! That's not even near to what really happened. I would never force myself on her!" I said frustratingly.

"Mark! Watch your language!" My mother said making me look over to her, I sometimes want to snap her neck.

"You did what?" My father's voice was low and it almost came out as a low growl, I can tell he was trying to keep calm. He was definitely failing to do so.

"I didn't force myself on her, we love each other! We both kissed each other! That's is all. I didn't force myself on her." I explained. Diana began to scream. Again!

"You what?! How dare you!?" She came up to me and slapped me, then walked out the door.

God she's such a big baby. She's more like princess of all cry babies. Grand jewel my ass.

The door opened catching everyone's attention. Katherine walked through the door.

My father immediately spoke when he saw her come through the door. "Princess? I want you to answer one serious question for me!" She gulped silently but nodded.

"Of course your Highness." She said in a whisper.

"Did my son force himself on you?" He asked glaring.

We all waited for her response, I was stuck watching her. "No." She simply responded like it was nothing.

"Are you sure?" My father asked.

"Yes sir." She said.

"Is it true that you both shared a kiss?" She bit her lip.

"Am I being interrogated?" She asked confused.

"Just answer!" My father yelled making her flinch.

"Yes, yes we did, only because we love each other! We cannot stand being far apart and yet you guys do everything in your power to keep us apart." She said. Her eyes got filled with tears but I can see that she was pushing them back.

"This love shit must stop between you two right now! You and him do not belong with each other." She shut her eyes, I looked over to my father in disbelief.

Why is he so cruel? He turned to me in disappointment "When we get home, you will get your punishment!" I rolled my eyes.

He turned around and walked towards the door, my heart was beating fast.

"But father?!" He stopped but didn't look back and kept on going, shutting the door behind him.

Cole came close to me and smirked "I told you that you'll pay. You can't just kiss my future wife and expect nothing to happen after." He laughed quietly and walked away.

I looked over to my mother who was just stroking her arm. She looked at me then looked away, she walked out too.

Then I looked over to Katherine for the last time. I walked up to her and whispered, "Goodbye my love. I have to let you go. Even though it feels like thousands of knives are stabbing me constantly with no end." A tear fell down her face. I took my thumb and wiped it away.

"Hey don't cry, I'll always be with you, they may be forcing us to stay away from each other but, you'll always have my heart even though you're marrying my cocky, bastard of a brother. You complete me and I complete you. That's never ever going to change my love." I said reassuring her.

She whispered, "Kiss me one last time."

I pressed my lips to together and bent down to kiss her. Our lips touched again for the last time.

I pulled away "I love you." I turned around and began walking away.

I stopped and looked back one last time. To hell I go.

...

We walked into the house, the whole ride back all I thought about was her.

I walked in trying to get away from everyone and everything.

"Where do you think you're going Mark!?" I stopped and shut my eyes.

I had a strong feeling that I wasn't going to get away from this. It's rather I run away from this like a coward or face it.

I turned around to my father Joshua as he folded his arms, glaring at me.

Watching me like a hawk, "What do you want!?"

"We aren't finished here!" He growled.

"Yeah? Well I am!"

In an instant my father was in front of me "Get out of my way!" I tried moving past him but he got in front of me again.

We stood there glaring at each other, watching each other. Until I felt my jaw get punished.

I rubbed my jaw line, here it is the abusive father I've had for years.

He threw more punches, he moved to my gut then neck, everywhere.

I was still on the floor, he wasn't done. I felt my body getting numb.

He took his belt and wrapped it around my neck. He pulled it up and tightened it.

I couldn't breath, he took it off and wrapped his hand around my Neck throwing punches at me again.

He didn't let go of my neck, he pinned me up against the wall "Have you fuckin learned your lesson? Or do I have to do more damage!?"

I couldn't speak.

Everything just turned black.

I knew my mother and brother were watching the whole thing.

I had a mother who didn't stick up for me. Her own son!

My brother could care more for a feather than me.

Soon everything turned black.

The last word that escaped my mouth was-

"Katherine. "