17-61855

Waverly wrapped her arms round Haught's waist, head still spinning, butterflies in her stomach and a tingling in her muscles, she waited for the next part of their journey. Time jumping was not as glamorous as she imagined, at least not her first jump, landing at the feet of Haught and promptly puking several times. Still, she had done it, she had supposedly travelled back in time and that was all that mattered.

Haught tapped her tattoo, muttering something in her mother tongue, the screen appearing. "Where is it you want us to go again?" she asked, waiting for Waverly to tell her.

"Liverpool, the Cavern on Mathew Street. The band plays their first afternoon session today. Ringo won't be there, but I really want to see their early performance."

Nicole called up the co-ordinates for the location, placing her hand over her left breast, a pulsating blue circle appearing on her hoodie. "Ready? I promise this won't be as bad as jumping."

"That's a relief. I'm ready, do it," Waverly said, gripping Haught's waist tighter. "Don't lose me."

Haught muttered a few more words Waverly was unable to understand, guessing they must be the co-ordinates, waiting for whatever was about to happen. The tugging sensation to her legs returned, Waverly closing her eyes immediately knowing the lights she saw when jumping had been part of the reason for throwing up. No sooner had she done so she could feel Haught releasing her grip. "Help, I'm slipping. Haught."

"Waverly, we're here. It's okay, you can open your eyes."

Opening one eye, Waverly looked around the narrow street, not quite believing she was in Liverpool in 1961 about to see the Beatles perform their very first live session in the basement of a club they would make famous. Still holding onto Haught's waist she couldn't contain herself, burying her head in her companion's chest, forgetting this was nineteen sixties Britain. An old man shuffled past, shouting a series of expletives at them, Waverly breaking away immediately, recognising them hugging in public might not be as acceptable as it would be in her own time period.

It was then she saw Haught's jumpsuit, transformed into clothing from the decade, a black and white one piece which looked incredible. Her own suit was now a similar design except in mid-blue, matched with white boots. "This is so cool. I so, so need one of these suits."

"It saves packing," Haught replied. "Sinkholes, I've messed up."

"What? What's wrong?"

"Currency. I forgot to take the converter when we left. We don't have any means of buying anything."

"That's okay, I have money. Fudge, left mine in my room. Duh...what am I saying? Couldn't use it anyway. Oh well, at least I got to stand outside The Cavern Club."

Just then two guys walked past, guitar cases slung over their backs, the one with short black hair looking over and smiling before disappearing inside the club. Waverly gasped. "Did you see? Haught did you see?"

"See what? We can't even buy food. I'm such an asteroid."

"Those guys. Did you see those guys?"

"No, should I have?"

"That...that was Paul McCartney and John Lennon. I'm sure of it. I've seen The Beatles. Oh. My. God. I've actually seen two of The Beatles. Thank you, thank you. This is the coolest thing ever. Paul smiled at me. Actually, I think he was smiling at you, but I'll take it."

"That's good. What to do? What to do? Can't go back. Wait, I could hop to the house, see if anything's there? Probably not."

"And get caught. We'll manage. You've got bean bars."