19-51222919

Wynonna stared at the space where the screen had floated in mid-air. "That's...that's some tattoo you have there. What was that woman saying?"

"Instructions to keep hydrated" Haught replied.

"So, you're from the future. Like, the future, future. Like, hundreds of years in the future."

Haught nodded. "The future."

"And, you can time travel. Like, really travel anywhere in time, all the way back to here."

Haught nodded again. "Time travel."

"And, you've just seen The Beatles."

Haught looked at Waverly. "That's right."

"And, none of this is weird to anyone?" Wynonna asked. "Because, it's sure as hell weird to me."

"It took a while to get my head round it," Waverly offered. "Meeting The Beatles wasn't what I was expecting. It was too real. I thought it would be amazing, and it was, but then I freaked."

"So, you can go literally anywhere," Wynonna continued. Waverly sensed her sister was having a hard time processing what Haught could do. "As in anywhere, and meet anyone. Have you met George Washington?"

Haught looked at Waverly again. "Does he play in a band?"

Wynonna laughed. "He might have. What about Martin Luther King? Or, Lincoln. Wait, wait...Elvis, I've always wanted to meet Elvis. Young Elvis, not fat Elvis."

Waverly spotted Haught's now-familiar head tilt. "She...we can go anywhere in the past. I'm not sure you can meet yourself though. Guessing she could take you to see Elvis, but you'd need to wear this suit."

It was Wynonna's turn to look confused. "Err, you're wearing your own clothes."

Waverly looked down realising the jumpsuit had morphed into casual clothing. "This, what I'm wearing. Haught show Wyn my photo, and your water, and those bean bars. Oh, and your gadgets, the one that makes beer frothy."

Haught began opening her satchel ready to showcase the few items she had with her. As her hand reached down a jolt of white hot electricity shot through her wrist causing her to cry out. Clutching the limb she turned away, pulling the sleeve of her jumpsuit back, the tattoo glowing red. She knew she would have to answer or lose all capacity to function with that hand.

As she turned both sisters were staring at her. "Energy surge, a glitch that's all. It happens if you jump too close together."

Waverly could see Haught was lying. "Hey, let's all go inside. Where's Alice?"

"With Doc," Wynonna replied, her eyes still on Haught who had hold of her throbbing wrist. "Can I get you anything?"

Nicole shook her head, beads of sweat forming as she absorbed the pain. Seated in the kitchen, Wynonna cracked open beers. "How long are you here?"

"I don't know," Waverly replied. "We didn't take money with us, so I figured we could hang out here until..." She stopped herself from mentioning her imminent death, not wanting to see her sister's reaction.

"What's this religion Waverly's part of Haught?" Wynonna asked, taking a swig of her drink, swallowing loudly. "Strange she's part of something like that, seeing as we're not the religious kind."

Haught continued to hold her wrist. "I need to check something."

Disappearing outside, she entered the barn. Her index finger touched the tattoo, wincing as it made contact with seared skin. The screen floated in front of her face, a woman waiting for Haught to speak. "Weaver 81217820 reporting."