46. Runaway

Soaked hair dried.
Bathrobe slid off and ivy's sight catch a fresh nude shade sundress lying on her bed.

Her mind wondered if, she can try? She breeze her way toward what she perceived as a beautiful piece, held it up with the tips of her fingers, scared a little pressure might ruin it, breathed it. Zero in to her figure to see if it fits her eyes sparkled.
Her own voice echo in her ears.

'Duty.. people to protect.. responsibility of lives..'

'This won't cut it'
And right then she tossed it faraway it landed on the pillow side.

A tinge of fury spark inside..

She Jerked her desire into the oblivion and twist her way into her Go-To well-equipped pocketful gear.

Fasten her hair in a high pony and leave the room.
Assesses her weapon in the right, the one which she reaches out to as an automatic reaction to surprise attacks. Click open the gun's breech's chamber-all bullets in stock, she fix it back, next examine the sharpness of the knife hitched at her inner thigh satisfied she walk out.

Something about the empty hallways bothered her, she halted midway.

'People keeping their house clean and spotless, give off a feeling like everything ..just fits, the thing about the smell of purity n all that stench of royalty is that -filth and odor is almost easy to catch specially when it's foreign.'

Ivy's fingers hasten around her hoisted firearm.

'It's not mine, I had not strolled past rooms to my left. The mat has dark dusty prints.
I smell a faint reek of rust.'

Something's ...on the loose.

'I must check downstairs before heading outside.'

Ivy angle the weapon at hand at eye level as she descend the last of stairs which led to the cells holding captives.

And the first thing she encounter was her own squad member holding tight his bleeding forehead.

There's no asking what happened, she quickly pressed the alarm bell. Dialled for first aid gave the location to the security office and continue to explore further.

She froze.

It's the cell she feared the most, unlocked.

Its complicated decision for her. Her main conflict is whether to kill him for his uncooperative behaviour or his investigation is yet to be finished, Or is he still of use to Vittorio.

She tumbled upon many conclusions, Can she just break his arms and legs would it be enough? But that's not her style. It's the one blow kill she excels in.

She hurry upstairs for the guest room Where he is expected the most.

She cannot risk calling for backup or the ruckus will alarm Arnoldo and he will take unpredictable steps. As of now she has alerted everyone present within the parameters of the estate.

She hoped he try to runaway.

There's no chance men stationed outside to miss him.

At any cost, she did not wish to encounter him with martini because then he may gain the upper hand on the ladies and the baby as Hostage.

Am I allowed to Kill him or not?
Vitto has warned me not to take life and death decision on my own.

'What am I to do?'

'What am I to do!?'

'Didn't he practically leave me incharge?'

'She is not in her room. Baby isn't either.'

Shit!

She found two men lousing around by the kitchen counter.

'Thank God!'

"Call for back up! Hurry!"

"Sir!" They oblige in unison, not used to having a female commander around.

'If I have to keep myself from taking his life briskly then I'll need to use all the sources I can get.'

Closing in on the pool area she sees seira barbequing hot smoking meat n veggies hooked on hot grill stand.

She scans 360° n find 4 men guarding a changing room n it clicked,
Martini was showering inside getting ready for swimming.

Hearing the crowd, Seina lifted her lashes to look over at a distance n grew puzzled,
It was Ivy.

Ivy with a weapon and group of eight with similar stances, armed.

As soon as seina opened her mouth wide,

Ivy shush her.
Though under normal circumstances seina would know such formation of men behind Vittorio implies plain n simple Trouble.

But for seina Ivy appeared to be approachable, calm, non-destructive.

So, she tiptoe to cover the distance between them to find out what's all the flurry about.

Like mice they approach the outer room connected to the posterior end of the main building with two showerheads adjacent to the arena at a distance from the pool.

It was surrounded securely by the time seina neared the door,
since she had dared,
Ivy eyed her to walk inside on queue, and her squad will infiltrate.

Siena knocked, which was answered by a muffled shriek.

Confirmed, Ivy nod and bending two fingers signal the man at far distance by the window, 2nd floor who upon receiving the message, gather all the fellows patrolling the house to watch the remaining captives.

Ivy grew Vigilant, seina, blind to the Chaos underneath, proceed to turn the knob. Ivy jerked, quickly held Seina in place with force, "You, get back." Ivy grit through her teeth in a whisper.
And order Jack, her crew member in the same tone, "Take her safe place."

"No!" Seina grew cold and her eyes were ever wide, her whisper had the screech which cringed the hell out of Ivy n she let the need to safeguard seina melt out of her system.

This ate up two minutes and ivy wasn't wasting anymore time arguing.

Ivy put up her hand n Gave her last Hush Hush order.
"On Stand-by."

Not a soul followed seina and Ivy inside.

The floor was wet, the shower dripping a drop or two and the baby wrapped in the towel wailing frantically, yet sound erupt hollow, just a week old's soft cry.

Martini stuck up against the wall, Arnoldos palm over her mouth, whip her head at the outburst in between her muffled wails, upon finding ivy among the crowd of two she gave up her facade and slid to the ground in shock n relief.

Seina screams first, "You're dead! Step away!"