20 Dinner

He walks front and center, every training reminds me, I'm beneath him, despite my achievements in razing fields.

He's in the limelight. I'm his shadow.

I follow him, always one step behind, for his security.

Too many watchful glances this way.

His phone vibrated. Even the swing with which he puts his phone to his ear catches my attention.

"Right now?"

I can't hear what the other said to have him pause.

"Okay. Have Julian book the restaurant. We'll be there in half an hour."

It only takes me one glance to remember a face. I didn't find any familiar face in the company.

The vents are sealed, not anyone disguised either. There is a presumptuous pattern in their move and disguise only inside members are able to distinguish. I as a former member of the organisation can identify the Threat and escape in time.

We made it to the car, safe.

This thing was supposed to let us Home, instead vettorio is offering me his hand for me to step my foot on this tiled flooring of this grand Hotel.

I didn't move, just searched his eyes. "We're dining out." He pulled me out, someone shut the car door behind me and it raced away. This time he grabs waist as we enter the hotel. He whispers softly in my ear, nibbing the lobe, shiver ran down my heart "Play along." He straightens plastering a smile. My nod came slow, I didn't knew the details and more I was dazed from rewinding our training and his nibble, both got me high.

"Good evening Mr. D'onofrio. Mr. Caito only requests five minutes. And... Who is she?" This girl with screeching voice focuses where he sticks with me, gives me a once over, not approving of me.

"Tonight's escort." David said from behind her.

They were waiting for us to arrive.

"New recruit. Intern assistant." Derrick came forward, introducing me his stretched lips in an untwiching smile.

She fixed up her cat glasses resting her hand on her pencil skirt waist. "Intern? under who?" Creases formed on her forehead, Guess she takes things not in her knowledge inadmissible.

"She works directly under Mr. D'Onofrio." Derrick clarifies not very pleased.

I really don't know what was so shocking about the news but her mouth hung open, eyes popped out and behind those glasses her expressions appeared magnified to an irksome extent.

I have seen this hardworking lady always taking orders from Derrick continuously for around a month.

"Since when? I wasn't informed of any hiring." She baffles, not quite accepting of the fact. "How can a rookie be given a direct offer to serve our President!?" That strain she applied digging her polished nails on her folders in hand, I had a foot out in case she attacks. I had my narrowed eyes locked on hers, she clipped focusing on the floor.

Her avoiding me confirm her as a threat in my eyes.

She poses as harm to my boss.

"Right now. She is only accompanig me for dinner. Her Assistance shouldn't be an issue." Vettorio spoke.

"What is the problem?" Elderly Derrick politely asked her.

"Have you seen? She eats as good as an animal. What will she represent us as?" Julian reasoned. I ate a few lunches in office with David and julian during initial training, I didn't knew her then as I kept only to myself. Even now I don't wish to get involved with her.

Vettorio, Derrick and I always eat dinner together. Not once had they told me..I resemble animal?

"Enough! Julian. You are forgetting who you're talking to!" I felt vettorio vibrate as he snapped. It took me by surprise.

Something clicked in me, there is Wall seperating us, we are not the same. We are the dark people of the society where as Julian is a civilian, an innocent player trapped in the midst.

The terrified girl stiffens, her shoulders Hunched-up like bat wings, she stammers "Sorry, sir."

At this time. I had an urge to press a hand to his heart and believe he'd calm down by the notion.

"It'll never happen again." For help She met Derrick's upset face, then realised Vettorio is annoyed the same.

She gulped again.

What is she so worked up about? Is her life on the line?

"Please sir. I'm sorry." From exasperation her bun fell loose.

"Hmm. Let's go." He gritted out and walked further, Derrick following us. Julian.. probably wiping her tears, she did look close to collapsing.

Which also eliminates her from my suspect list. Someone as petite as hers can't be of any harm to my boss. She's clear.

He pulled out a chair for me, took a seat next to me and Derrick to his right. Four men already were seated across us. They sat after we did.

"What would you like have, beautiful?" He took my hand and kissed my finger, this gesture reminded me what he did to me.

Everyone dressed formally, expect me, I so looked out of place, the one in black suit maintained his confidence as he coughed noticing clear display of negligence from our side.

The other three surrounding him divert their gazes. Is this an embarrassing act?

"Whatever you say." I said roughly. He nodded, his dimple visible.

I felt every one's gazes on us.

So uncomfortable.

The waiter arrived. Everyone placed their orders whereas I sat like a grown doll I'm trained to play as.

"I'd like to negotiate about the land next to your pub." The brown jacket guy with golden hairs tied back says out of nowhere, his patience must be running out.

"That land is mine. I'm not selling it." Vettorio said plainly. He's not interested from the start, I wonder why Julian insisted to attend them.

Little do I know is that one I can start eating after everyone else and second, food should not fall off the plate. That's all that matters.