1 Escape

I ran. I Ran as fast as I could.

The Forest didn't seem to end. I couldn't find way out of woods, I was busy running through thorns and shrubs, crushing twigs and dead leaves with my sneakers. Some left scratches on my lower limb and my forearms were bleeding as well, I must've hit the trunks in hurry the branches left its marks here and there. I didn't care. I could hear blood pumping through my ears.

My mind was deviated into three directions.
1. Are they still following? Yes they are. A few, Not many. But I'm in no state to confront more than 3 at a time. They have weapons. I didn't. More weight meant slower speed, hence, my backpack was filled upto the minimum.

2. What's the way out? How can I hide? Can I use any distractions? Any tricks? It was pure woods and autumn leaves. Climbing up one will take up my time. I slow down and they'll cover up in minimum 3 minutes.

3. Am I already caught under one of the organization's trap? Am I being tracked from the headquarters? Am I busted? And when I finally surrender, they'll take me back. Punish me and then bring me to my right mind and at last end the ordeal with "it was a test". Will I pass or fail? They never tell me.
The fuck I was thinking! Have I already given up?

Nope.

I was just going through the possibilities. Yeah!

Giving up that easily? Ain't me!

With that thought in mind and a boosted spirit I bolted.
.
.

I was still running catching a breath for minute or two when I got the chance. The night fell. I was trained to sustain, endure and continue, for longer hours than this.

The best advantage about this place is they can't find network. That meant they couldn't call for forces or back up.
The more person by person fall back the better. Those men after me aren't as skilled as me.

They were plotting something to capture me but I was too busy to give a shit about that. Running at my best speed seemed right at the moment.

I reached a point where trees were beginning to subside, now I had to navigate a safe place to hide. Any normal home won't do, a public place won't either. I was starting to feet nausea. I looked down shaking my head. I blinked and saw blood soaking wet my socks and sneakers Red. Realisation hit me
I've been shot.
"Shit!" I cursed.
I quickly looked back, searching. I left them far behind. I Probably gained ten minutes but thanks to my wound I am five minutes short.

Breathing hard I escaped the forest. And just at the edge stood a great boundary which was wired at the edge. "Fuck!" It could be electrically charged all for I know, it was the closest, so I climbed it.

If I die I have nothing to lose. In fact, I'll be blessed with eternal freedom.
This ain't my first chance with death, and I'm always ready to play with this cheater.

I felt the pain where bullet has been shot. The coolness of dripping blood made me more aware.

This place has a strong security. It shouldn't be a small house. If this belonged to an old couple, spending their remain time in woods. I'll be good as death. I hope it won't be empty either. Because that way they'll barge in and I'll be done for.

I took out a metal can opener and tossed it to the wires.

No spark.

Bingo! There's no current running through wires.

I was making a lot of noise because I was damaged. It was hard to hang on. "Just a little more." I murmured to myself and a three floored mansion came into view, I carried on climbing, landing on the other side.

My vision was starting to blur. My five minutes were nearly over. I heard their footsteps. They were following me by my noise and smell too. My blood too left it's trace along the way.

I'm all playing on luck now.

The lights were lit inside, I didn't have time to check for other things so I searched for a way in.

The third floor window was open. Someone must be there!

The house was full of windows and balconies. It was easy to reach up in there.

I wasn't sure what's is store for me in there but when did I ever worked under hundred percent guaranteed situation, more than sixty percent everything is certain to be questionable.

I flexed before mounting up. I tried making as little noise possible.

It is a cloudy, moonless night, if I hadn't had the watch I wouldn't know it was nearing three in the morning. Then why the hell were the lights onn!?

Was this a trap?

My head throbbed. My bag was becoming heavy. It's not helping. I let it fall. I flinched as an echoing 'thud!' sound came when it hit the ground.

I sincerely hoped everyone were in deep sleep.

Continuing for the target window and climbed in as I reached my goal. I dragged myself in the empty huge bedroom. Lights are on but it's empty. Strange. My energy is dying out. I was taking in air with my mouth too.

"Tsk!" I hate weakness!

With a 'whack' the base of my head throbbed from behind and I made a death grip around it with both my hands, interlocking fingers. I fell with a thud and my vision swirled and blurred and my surroundings echoed and I mustered the strength to voice out "Save...meh" before everything blacked out.