21 Defence

The two grown men surrounding the middle one seem to bend their head begrudgingly.

The wise man on the right with a pencil-thin black moustache rests his hand on the blonde's shoulder with a slight squeeze and he shuts down. Absently stroking his moustache with his fingers with an eye squinting smile he takes over, "Ignore his indecency. I am Leonardo and this is my partner Patrick. He forgot to mention the money we are offering in this deal." He points at the silent man in the corner, so I guess the blonde must be Mr. Ciato, the requester. He exaggerates to gain Vettorio's interest, who on the other hand is busy stuffing in food.

I am able to take less bites compared to him because I am busy observing these men's Purpose from their manner and etiquette.

I catch vettorio stealing a glance my way time to time, it isn't alarming though. Yet I can't place him. The way he is looking at me can't be said doubtful or wary nor he looks like he is warning me. I fail to understand him. I divert my thoughts to the current situation here.

The third man only sits quiet, like me. It shouldn't bother me, but it does. Since I have a purpose and he might too.

"You're thinking too much. Just focus on eating and we'll leave when you're done." He strokes the hair which I last washed when he forced me to.

It takes me by surprise. Whatever the person sitting across us was saying stopped.

I nod and duck my head, the only thing I see is the damn plate and I'm not even interested in eating here, too much display and eyes,

It tastes like weed!

He coughs to get attention and an irritated expression flashes across his face and he squeezes his perfectly styled hair above his lip as he pardons our intruption. As far as I can see, only Derrick is listening carefully and I can feel Julian standing behind me. I guess I know why, because this way she is easily able to observe vettorio. "Sir, as I was saying. It will be beneficial for both the parties involved." I am irked by Leonardo's goofy smile at the end.

Vettorio wipes his mouth... and mine, I guess he figured I won't be eating.

"Pleasure Meeting you. My answer remains NO." Vettorio says as he gets up, following him, I do too.

"We'll be leaving now." Derrick concludes on behalf of our Boss for he can be only polite until his business ends.

"You're not leaving until you sign the deal Mr. D'Onofrio, we have the ability..we need it." The silent man, Patrick as far as I remember his name was, spoke for the first time, not professional but had a plea..an urgency to his request.

Ignoring vettorio turned to leave while Derrick, waited for me to go next, after the Boss and then he would follow us out while Julian will exit last, following Derrick. From the position of it, it looked like the sequence.

"DonMorretis will kill us if we return empty-handed..." the blonde speaks out of the blue, his voice thick with fear. I halt, turn back, He is trembling, it's almost a whisper. He is panicking, his partners have stood up placing a hand on his shoulder, his eyes are dancing across the floor busy searching.. coming up with ideas to cope. Like most terrified student do. I am frozen in place and because of that no-one else moves, vettorio is unfazed but I turn to see he's only focused on me and so are the others.

"I..I what do we do!??" Words roll out of his tongue in another whisper for only his equally frightened peers to listen, But I have cat's ears.

The deal slipped off their hands. None seem to care, We are in a hurry to leave. Even they are not begging anymore. They've turned gloomy.

"AYAAA!!" The blonde, with chattering teeth and bulged out bloodshot eyes jerks up to a standing position knocking Back his chair, I take the chance, because I know I'm faster. Taking out his gun from inside his shirt, everyone's attention snap to him, he hasn't yet lifted the gun Derrick is about to pull out his own gun while I block vettorio from the man's aim and with twice his speed I pick up the closest knife in range and recoil my arm as I stab down his hand holding gun and pin him down, he cries out loud in pain and terror, tears stream down his face. Next my eyes snap to the pulsing veins in his neck and I aim to twist it. But, "Ivy! Enough!" Vettorio's vioce rings through the hall and strikes my ear just in time. Derrick no longer need to showcase his weapon at all, he breaths out air of relief after he masks away his scared features. The boy hadn't even lifted his hands enough to target my boss's head, not even his finger on the trigger, but it's foolish not stop him now. I am fast enough to slow him down. It's a kitchenware so it's hard for that close to sharp thing to go through and through from his muscled skin. His veins are bursted offcourse without medical help he can't get rid of it. I turn back again to find my close to surprised master safe. Now I walk out of my chair, I walk past stoned unstable horror-striken Julian who on impulse steps back and Derrick eyeing me calmly like a leopard on standby, the annoying crowd that had formed far from the scene, I surpass all. The cries.. Julian's shriek and passer-bys audible reactions... everything tunes out when I close the distance between us.

"Shall we, Sir?" I say when he doesn't respond, I thought about the sequence we were supposed to leave in and none were moving. I saw a flicker of fear in his eyes before a wall fell shielding his emotions away and his cold eyes focus on Julian next. "We're going to talk about this tomorrow."
"Derrick, wrap this up."
I don't know how they responded because I had only been focused on him and my back was to them.
"Let's go." He finally settles on me and I follow him back to the car ensuring no more threats are lingering about.

"You need to be taught a lesson." He grips my chin as we seat back in the passenger seats, he clearly is suppressing his anger, the hair on my neck stood up, he lets go of me getting busy on Phone, the driver drives away from the curb and takes the way leading home.

He looked like he had a lot to say,

"You caused quite a trouble." He decides to say the least understandable term sliding his phone back into the pocket.

What did I do?

Is it about the attack?

Shouldn't he be rewarding me instead!?