34.

"My feet are freezing." I say tingling my toes, eyes fixed on the footwear store display window, his gaze follow my line of sight.

I don't look at him. I want him to change his opinion if he's thinking about going in that store and getting a pair of warm ones for me.
Even if he does. I'll grab his hands and shamelessly ask him to provide me his warmness instead.
Cocoon me, warp me up idc.

"Those are the ones you want. Those are the ones You're getting." And he opened the door.
Hastily I grab his wrist.
He stops.
Turns.
"Lets go home first."
A very subtle expression settle on his tired face. And he slide his fingers into mine, I look up at him perplexed but he focused on scenery outside.
I look peek outside from my window too.
Soon the jungle area will come and the highway will end. Means the presence of any other vehicle will be scarce there.

We have surpassed the shop I was supposed to burn him into.

Any new attack will be a surprise for me too.

And I am not ready.

He isn't either.

"What happened?"

"Huh?" Abrupt I face him, missed what he just said.
If I just inform him, tell him everything.

He will prepare right before anything goes bad.

He can Alert the team atleast if not much.

"What?" Apologetic, I didn't hear him again.

This time he cups my face and glue his eyes to me. As if trying to get to my soul.
"Did they hurt you?"

I blink, blink back my tears.
I wanna say yes so bad!
I shake my head.
He roams his eyes over wherever my skin visible, holding me in place.
"Then why are you so lost? What is this new bruse? Last I saw, the cut under it was fading. Now there's two." He brush his finger feather light across my collar blade.

"Right after getting there, Louis resumed my intense training. I lagged these months, so..-"

"-He raised hand on you!?"

"I shouldn't have left him just with a broken jaw. Fuckin' break this teeth! Uproot that moth fucke 's bones!" He cannot find anything to vent out his anger so he just punch the front seat and hang his head like it's all his fault.

Which is absurd.

Only if I hadn't ever stepped into his life..

I hush him, brush my hand across his hand, pat his head, lift his head up by his cheek. Adorable!

"It isn't your fault. Happens all the time. Besides, He didn't raise hand at me."

I clench my fists, he notices.
"Infact, I have something more important to tell you." Forehead crease as my eyebrows pich together.

"What is it?" He straightens.

"I am not sure but I am expecting a hit." A serious look in my eyes fix him in place.

"What do you mean?" Now I see our expressions matching.

"I was supposed to assassinate you. I didn't. I expecting Marco planted alternate bombshell just for this case. The jungle's approaching, it's nearing evening. I am presuming something may pop up." I confess.

"I suspected as much." He lays back and rub his chin looking out.

I blink dumbfounded.

"Loaded trucks following us Right behind, on alert. No need to worry." He offers me a relaxed smile, everything's under control.

I sigh in relief.

No troubling thoughts plague my mind and Sleep comes like the falling of an axe. I know it must come but I fight it with everything that I have. Those defenceless hours, oblivious to my surroundings are enough to light up my whole body with fiery sparks. Yet, my eyes droop close, I shrink, I am utterly wired until that time when I cannot fight it anymore and the sleep is as instantaneous as it is unwelcome. I have some warning though, when my thoughts become intertwined with random ideas, impossible ideas. I seek my shelter and he drapes a thick fur coat on me. "Sleep, butterfly." I hear that calming voice and a feather stroke across my cheek, and the familiarity cocoons me into itself, it could be sometime before I am with the world again.

...

I wake up to a teasing smell of roasted chicken and as hypnotized I am, blindly fly to the dining hall.

Here I find Seina placing apple pie beside the roasted chicken and wine in front of Three chairs. I jump midstairs from the railing and land squat safe.

The lady notices. "Almost done.. good you're here!"

Before taking the chair first I grab the chicken leg!

I am usually a vigilant person but whenever I'm eating here this lady is quicker than my reflexes to slap my hand away!

I gasp, I didn't even notice when she got behind me.
Wasn't she at that side of the table.
From my past experiences I've learnt to aim for the piece farthest away from The Great Chef Seina.

"You haven't washed yourself yet! Have you!?" She raises her eyebrows, eyes narrow to slits.

"yes.." I start and she leans in more, eyebrows hooked up, I rethink and change the track of my obvious lie. "..-was going to do Just that after tasting.." savouring the sight with twinkling eyes licking fleshy lips I continue, "..This Delicious cooking of yours!"

She makes way to kitchen waving her oven gloved hands in air. "I'll have to use muscle power if you don't, in 5 seconds, disappear from my sight and straight get into the shower!"

I make a face. She raises her spatula in aggregation Remembering she has the upper hand her voice grow louder, "You know, If He catch you like this you're So spending the night locked in the Bathroom! No Food!"

I rush to my room, shut the doors get rid of the clothes on the way to the tub.