4 Exposed

Vettorio

Daily morning schedule followed like always and my afternoon in gym and training.

I recalled what Derick updated me with during breakfast as I pucnched Franco square in the chest.

"Some men came to our door asking for a girl, we assume they were talking about Ivy." Derrick took one of the chair and took a mouthfull, even in the morning he's formally dressed and always alert.

"And then?" I spoke when he stopped saying. I was just in jeans.

"We captured all of them as per your orders." Sometimes like today when he bores into my eyes I feel like a spoilt brat under the weight of grandpa's disciplining gaze.

"And what did they say?" Said I, sipping the coffee, clearing the shit in my head.

"She is a human weapon, Sir. She's deadly. Apparently, she had attempted to run away 9 times in a row. She's determined." Derrick had said and I stopped. My heart thumped for the first time in forever.

I tried maintaing my cool but my eyes did widen a fraction.

My uneasy feeling about her had been tremendously right.

I'm thrilled.

"Actually Mr. Franco scanned a code from one of her fake IDs which was hidden, I didn't noticed before and he was just randomly clicking it's pic for no reason but the scanners caught it, hence we received a bunch of her info from there. I have left it in your study."

"Interesting. Thank you Derrick." I left. I was done with the brunch.

I was back to present with two punches on either of my jawline and a twisted wrist. "Let's do this again tomorrow at ten." Franco yelled before disappearing completely as our match was over. I saluted back jerking two fingers in the air.

Since the day I met her my mind is rearing back to her despite distractions.

"Derrick." I spoke. He merged from the darkness. "Get the girl into my study."

"Yes Boss." I heard him say before he disappeared as well. Derrick had been by my side since I was 14. He is a capable man. Me being alive till now is proof enough.

He addresses me as boss when it's mob work and sir when there's no mob work. It's that simple.

I showered and was in the study with the beer. With my pants on offcourse.

Ivy stepped in. Her head ducked low. She was in the same state as yesterday. Orange Shirt and pajamas same as yesterday. Derrick got her seated across my desk, her eyes stuck to the floor.

I cleared my throat. Waited. No response. I thought she'd show some reaction recognising my voice.I started with my part.

"I will give you a job." I offered, at this her eyes raise upto mine. I expected to see surprise or some flicker of emotion but that was I got.

"But not until you tell me more about yourself, I will be able to help you." I kept the price of my offer in front. Her forehead wrinkled.

"Fine." She breathed out easing her tensed features.

"I worked in an NGO, Basically as a road clearer." She paused.

I waited.

Nope.

That was it.

She thinks I am going to read through her code words! Seriously!??

I'm imagining the Physical form of my frustration. Flip the 200 pound table to the side and yank her down and fuckin yell in her face to dare repeat herself! And This Time With Clearity!

Instead.

I caught myself racking my hand through my hair. I don't know since when I was doing that.

I glared and that's when I noticed a tiny hint of a smile, a light shade of colour returning to her eyes.

I melted.

My anger Evaporated.

She read through my frustration. And she was liking me pissed off. Hell she is enjoying this.

At this point I understood it was as closest to a smile I will get from her. Don't even talk about making her reveal her identity.

She must've caught me staring at her because went back to her robot self.

I can't meet Derrick's eyes right now. He knows if it was someone else. There'd be a whole lot other scenario, blood, cursing, violence, there would be that. But the turn of events from bloodshot red to baby pink prevent me from facing my right hand-man standing feets apart.

"You will do your internship under Derrick." Another reason I don't want to face Derrick.
Derrick blinked, fazed. I blinked too, at Ivy, unfazed. Derrick is lost for words but I'm not a least bit sorry.

"Yes Sir. Thank you." She said with no thankfulness reflecting on her face. I can make out she's more use to field work and no doubt good at it.

By this time it's clear she isn't going reveal anything.

I will have to use a different trick on her.

I Fight her, I lose. I domesticate her, I win. My smirk must've been blinding as I plotted because Ivy's cheek grew pink.