27 Hacked

"That man is as blood thirsty as us, we can't Retaliate because we have what's his. He privately asked me on this matter. 'Hand me over the girl, peaceful. or we'll take her by hook or crook. The girl is mine.' his words vettorio." His baritone slightly matching Marco when he said those clawing words as gravelly calm reminding her old incidents. Her eyebrows pinched together in worry and she bit her inner lip. Nothing could scare her more than that man.

He has threatened the council, means he won't hold back, he cherishes her in his own way, just another type of possessive love, just like a father does.

"I am, as a person, out of your matter. But if that man causes trouble to other families, we'll have to step in." By we he meant all the upper 5 members of the council. Vettorio understood that well as he nodded.

"He Brought her up. He has a right to show authority on her. A raw.. crude item is easy to give up, but no one is willing to give away their ripened fruit, especially nurtured of one's own garden." He leaned forward, his voice low pitched as if telling a great secret. Vettorio's eyebrows forced together in a pronounced frown taking his words in, by his side Ivy's trepidation kept increasing.

The man was only talking about giving up her, encouraging him. There was no solution for Her.

There was an inch distance between the pair. She could touch him, squeeze his arm, make him turn to her just by grabbing his collar. Fill his ears with all opposites Seero is currently pestering onto him. But she didn't move, she couldn't. She didn't have the charm, the art to capture a man's mind with beauty. She hasn't ever done that. She won't be able to do that ever. For a moment a Thought came to her mind, of all the things he'd done to her, those dirty things have occupied a bit of her logical side. But to act upon it was out of question, That'll be falling too low to regret escaping.

She was feeling vettorio slip away.. her aid slip away.

Her Breathings were heavy and long, yet she maintain her eveness.

"If that ripened fruit chooses me, I ain't letting it go either. I stand my ground." Vettorio declared slapped the table with full might. It took Ivy's breath away, she felt the same what vettorio has felt when Ivy had first taken the oath for him. Seero grunted.

"Thank you." Ivy from heart uttered in a small voice, with assurance she rested her hand on this shirt cuff.
A cloud of relief had formed beneath her feet. A support she had just began to hesitate under sudden pressure subsided.

Vettorio turned his head toward her. A hearty smile tugged at her lips, her twinkling eyes welling up with tears. It knocked the breath out of his chest, he slouched back mouth parted, his eyes sparkle at the view of this woman in front of him.
Instead of wanting to see her cry. Ever first time thought came to him, to be able to see this woman like this always. A sudden urge protect that shine of hers rose in him.

Seero read the air, nothing can make a blood thirsty man more passionate than the one who can tame him and love him the same.
Trying to convince to give up is a lost fight.

"As an elder to a young hot blooded head of the D'Onofrio family, I can only advice you what's in your best. Rest is your fight." Seero exhaled, Vetto is still young carrying burden of the family name and no one to guide him. Seero Maltor Sometimes takes this role for the Lone ones to keep them from collapsing another family name taking reckless decisions. Because powerful numbers strengthens them as a whole.

"Thanks for the warning. I'll keep an eye for the bastard." Lingering for a bit longer, Bidding their goodbyes, they left.

They walk out in the dark, standing at the exit. Vettorio slid his hand into hers on him. "Smile often."

"Pardon?"

"You look enchanting when you smile. I think that's one of your secret weapons." She didn't understand if it's the cold air that's Chilling her to goosebumps or the sparks where she connects with him real.

"Hadn't been five minutes stepping in the cold and your cheeks are already turning red. Did serena not covered you enough on the inside?" A worrisome frown formed over his features, has he changed to a innocent man or acting oblivious in mockery? Ivy Thought.

He took off his coat and droop it over her exposed shoulders. She was already burning from his newly shown sweetness.

How much more was he gonna surprise her with his ever changing attitude.

She looked down at her hands and griped onto his coat tight inhaling his scent.

Vettorio's phone rang. It was Franco, a call he hadn't expected for the night so had to be urgent. On the second ring stepping three steps away from Ivy's catching range he picked up the call. "What."

"The tracker we have on Ivy has been hacked."

Vettorio's heart beat a heavy thump as his eyeball shifted setting on Ivy.

"And?" He said rather slowly.

"Its been five minutes. Can't come to fix it."

Vettorio hung up.

"Ivy! Throw the necklace away. Lets go inside until the car arrives." What he said was to be done immediately.