new recruit

9 months have past,and I'm 18 now, quinn has told me to stay away from her and that she doesn't want to be friends, a month ago she left and went home for good.
"Bishop, we have new recruit, lizzie Evans, show her around and she is you new partner," my Sargent says leaving the tent where we sleep.
"Hi, maddy Bishop," I say standing up and holding my hand out. Did I forget to mention in thoes 6 months I got a promotion to second lieutenant.
"Lizzie Evans," she says shaking my hand," I was told I should get to know you," she stutters slightly.
"What do you want to know, also that is you bunk I say pointing to the one next to mine," put you kit under it and keep it clean," I instruct. Not going to lie she look petrified," don't worry, you can do what you want just don't get into trouble," I say trying to ease her worrys.
" so um, is this rude, how old are you, I mean you look extremely young," she says not looking me in the eyes.
" no its not rude so you don't need to be scared, and I'm 18 so yes you would be correct about me being young," I say trying to calm her nerves.
"Ok, umm." She starts but stops.
" may I ask how old are you," I say quietly, she is beautiful, when I say beautiful I mean like a bloody goddess, she also looks young definitely is not over 24.
"Oh I'm,18, but I turn 19 in a couple of days," she says looking around the room. I lead her out of the sleeping quarters and take her around the camp, a bunch of the others are playing monopoly, God I hate that game I walk up to max and put him In a head lock.
"Bishop really if I stand up," he says doing so and now my feet are in the air along with the rest of me. God I hate how tall he is.
"Dewey, how tall are you," I ask knowing me and the others had placed a better I said 6'4 the others said 6'2, or 6'3.
"6'4, maddys come on I thought you would know that I mean Im like a foot taller than you," he says sarcastically.
"Ok, that's Bishop for you and you are cleaning the toilets for a week, oh and I'm 5'8," I say going to walk off, " Oh and one more thing cough up boys," I say holding my hand out the each drop a ten in so i am now 200 dollars richer.

________________________________________

I continue to show Evans around we get to the training site, I want to make sure she is as good I expect.
"Ok I know you've done you physical training but I want to make sure your ready," I say pointing to the pull up bar, she goes to get on it but I stop her," not so fast Evans, put this on," I say handing her the weighted vest.sge doesn't do bad for a first try in the middle of a desert. 21 I'll take that from her more than I expected.
" good job, I apologise if I'm being hard on you it's just I have to be, no one get any special treatments so I will always be fair," I say as she stumbles slightly.
"Ok, um where can I get a drink," she asks.
" here, I got us some earlier," I respond. Its getting dark now and I have to go out on patrol tonight, my last night as the max dewey partner.
"You get some rest tomorrow is going to be busy, I'm out on patrol so if you need anything report to Ben, or just say Clark, he will respond I'll see at 06 hundred, sharp not a minute later,"I say joining max at the front gate, we walk around the edge of camp, until I stop him as I feel something peirce through my boot.
"Radio, the Sargent right now," I order him, minutes later he arrives with 7 other people.
" Bishop what's happened," he asks. I point to the area max has uncovered and see a land mine," $hit," he mumbles under his breath.
"Sir what's the plan," max asks.
" dewey, its an anti tank mine, the only thing you can do is keep Bishop calm while we figure out a solution," he says rubbing his head, I glance around and see lizzie there god no.
"Evans go back to camp," I order.
"No," she says.
"Evans do as you lieutenant asks," my Sargent says, she leaves in a huff if anything happens I don't want her to see it, first day that would be hard.
"We could do a weight transfer, and then we exactly 10 seconds to get as far away as possible," the first lieutenant says.
"That will work how much do you weigh," my Sargent asks, I know my weight as we have to be weighed every week.
"107lbs, sir," I say trying to stay as still as humanely possible," can I have a phone a minute sir," I ask because there is a 50% chance this will work but that means there is also a 50% chance it won't. He hands me a phone and all of the others leave to get water kegs.

Phone call.
I dial mayas office number she picks up thank god," captain Bishops office," she says.
" Hey maya," I say trying not to give anything away.
" Hey mads, to what to I owe this honer," she asks making me smile.
"Is Andy at the station," I ask.
"Yep let me get her now, do you want me on the phone as well," maya says yelling for Andy. She must have arrived as her and maya have a quick conversation.
" I just wanted to call to tell you guys, I love you all, and I'll see you guys soon," I say silent tears falling down my face.
"What aren't you telling us maddy," they ask.
" Listen I have to go, but tell Robin and Matthew I love them," I say before hanging up.

Mayas pov.
I'm sitting at my office when the phone start to ring I answer"captain Bishop office," I say as I always do, it's like a simulation at this point.
"hey maya" maddy says
" Hey mads, to what to I owe this honer" I ask fiddling with my fingers.
"Is Andy at the station," she Questions.
"Yep let me get her now, do you want me on the phone as well," i say yelling for Andy.
" I just wanted to call to tell you guys, I love you all, and I'll see you guys soon," she says her voice quivering slightly
"What aren't you telling us maddy," we ask
" Listen I have to go, but tell Robin and Matthew I love them," she says before hanging up. What was that about is she dying god she can't, what's going on I wish she was here. I see Andy exhale quickly and then she just leaves the room.i go to call carina to see what she makes out of the situation.

Maddys pov

I hang up and still have tears running down my face the guys get back with a tub of water, we start the transfer, success but now we have to run, we all start to run 5,4,3,2,1 bang.
I wake up on the floor, surrounded by blood, some mine most not, I look around, and see a someone in peices.
I stand up my arm is bleeding heavily, I look around and see a pair of dog tags, max dewey,"crap," I yell out in frustration. I pick the tags up and limp back to camp where all of the others now were.
"Is everyone okay," Sargent browning yells.
"Most of us are," I say handing them the dog tags and walking off, as I do it all goes black......