giving up

Well 3 months have passed and my feeling's is for Andy have no gone away ,but only got stronger. I can't do anything about it though which is what really annoys me, Robert sulliven he is everywhere I look he is in my house every night, in the morning he is in my kitchen, and worst of all my kids like him.they take their own car to work and I walk most days, give me time to think, Andy and I barley spend anytime together dispite living in the same apartment. She is always pre occupied.
Somehow I make it to work before them both, probably waited until I was gone so they could screw each other in the backseat.
"Good morning, " maya says waking her hand in front of my face.
"Morning, can I be on desk duty today," I ask I hate desk duty but it's to hard being her partner.
"Nope that's Travis's job today," she say trying to figure out why I asked.
"Alright, I'll be in the gym if you need me," I mumble walking up the stairs.
I step into the gym, feeling no motivation today. After running for a couple of hours, I'm absolutely shattered, there aren't enough rooms to all have one I share with Andy, I open the door, and guess what, Andy and Robert screwing each other.
"Shit, sorry," I say closing the door, I have said before and I'll say it again please kill me. I wonder down to mayas office I swear to god if she doing stuff.
"Can I sleep in here," I mumble opening the door.
"You look like hell," she says making me sit down on the seats opposite her desk," why do you want to sleep in here you have your own bunk," she mumbles.
"Yeh well I don't want to be in there when Herrera and Sullivan are going at it like endangered rabbits, it's traumatic, and I have seen people gwt blown up," I say rubbing my head it's like this most nights, all I can here is them.
"What, Andy and sullivan, really," she asks I nod having exasperated all of my energy.
" so can I sleep in your bunk,"I question getting a nod in return. It doesn't take long to fall asleep, no calls that is a first. I have been asleep for around 7 hours, it's only a 12 hour shift today so light and breezy. Me and maya played so stupid game she is  always playing with carina, something like guess the odds, and if we don't get the same answer it adds one drink to the pile that we have to buy later tonight, 1 minute till the end if shift and me and maya can go and get drunk.
"and we are......" damit the klaxon goes off we had 10 seconds until the end.
" Let's go then captain,"  say walking out of her office.
We arrive, a homeless shelter is on fire.
"You ready," Andy says.
"Herrera, what are you doing here, your ment to be on desk duty,"maya yells.
"Help," I hear someone inside yell. I put my mask on getting ready to go in when Andy grabs my arm.
" Herrera, stand by the truck, maddy don't even think about going in there that structure is severely unstable,"maya yells at us both, Andy listens to her but I don't care what happens to me, I run into the building hearing maya and Andy yell at me to get back. I hear the same thing again, help but it from a room engulfed in flames, here goes nothing, dam there's a kid, I go to step to her a beam falling in the middle of us, I jump over the beam, I know only one will make it out, and save the ones that can be saved, is what the firs academy tells you, I strip my jacket off wrapping it around this girl and my mask putting it over her face I get her over the beam and another one falls she jumps out of the way well I kinda pushed her out of the way, I may be physically fine, but mentally I'm drowning, all of the I.ages from Afghanistan and Iran are back they have been for a while but I didn't tell Andy she's always to busy, my kids are starting school again in a couple of weeks the only reason I would want to somehow make it out of her is for them.

Mayas pov

" Herrera, stand by the truck, maddy don't even think about going in there that structure is severely unstable," I yell at the two maddy still getting her gear on, Andy makes her way towards the truck and maddy a flash passes through her eyes and she darts into the building.
5 minutes pass she is still not out, well I see someone coming out in her gear but I know it's not her, this is a kid, shit maddy why. I get my gear on while Andy stares and watches she look mortified. Jack stands beside me in his gear as well, God I sweat to god if she is alive imma kill her.
We get to the noise that Jack heard," maddy, you ok," I say looking at the room around us, it's completely fried, fires out now, but maddy looks pale.
"I'm great," she says her voice flat.
"I'm gonna get you out okay, just stay awake," I say trying to move the beam.
"Maya, stop," she says having the same look she did when she was 13, the night before she tried to kill herself.
"No, maddy you don't get to do this, you don't get to give up, not again," I say keeping tears at bay. Jack lifts the beam off her, her breathing begins slow and her body goes limp.