family drama

I awake to Andy playing with my hair,
" you ever do that again I'll kill you myself,"she says hitting my good arm.
"Well don't you worry, honorable discharge, I'm not going back,"I mumble drifting back to sleep.

________________________________________

Andy and I walk through the door, and we both have a mouths hanging open Carter on our couch naked with Kevin, dam he finally did it he got back together with him about dam time.
" you get some fuck!ng clothes on," I yell tossing them their t-shirts, I walk through into my room Andy trailing behind.
"What the plan now," she asks sitting on my bed as I start to unpack the clothes.
"Fire academy in a couple of months, just got to do physical therapy for a while but should be fine," I say grabbing a hoodie a tossing it Andy.
"thanks, " she says pulling it over head.
"Where's my greenday hoodie," I ask.
" Oh, Kate took it to new York," she mumbles.
My phone starts to ring meredith shit.
Maddy, hey mer
Meredith, you missed your appointment.
Maddy, I was in new York, can we reschedule for tomorrow.
Meredith, fine but you better show up or I'm coming to get you myself
Maddy, bye mer
I hang up the phone, to see Andy putting the twinoins down on the floor, the both stand up and start to walk towards me.
"Hi babies," I say kissing both their forheads.
" mama," Robin bables.
"Mama," Matthew repeats.
" thats adorable," I say pulling Andy onto my bed, I help the two trouble makers up onto my bed and robbin goes to Andy, whilst Matthew comes to me, and starts to fall asleep.
"Missed you mama," they both say quietly.
"I've missed so much," I wisper, to Andy,  I start to fall asleep with Mathew  resting on my chest, Andy hands me Robin and goes to get the door.
" maddy," she yells. I just both kids in arms, still haven't got changed.
"Dad, what are you doing here," I ask still holding the twins.
"I came to tell you mason is dead," he says and my heart brakes Andy is stood behind me her hand resting on my shoulder, she reaches forward over my shoulder grabing the two trouble makers.
" how," I ask my voice shallow.
" a car crash, tell maya would you," he says leaving surprised he didn't ask about the kids I had in my arms.
"Wait dad, who crashed him or someone else," I yell down the hallway stopping him dead in his tracks.
"He was high madalyn, he always was, I don't know ask someone who actually give a dam," he yells back at me.i wait five minutes I  the hallway standing alone deep in thought, andy come out to bring me back in and I can't help but shove her off me.
" I'll be back later," I say knowing maya is at work Andy just took a day off so we could relax. I jog down to the station,  straight into mayas office, my mascara is now covering my cheeks which have a flushed rose, from running.
"To what do I owe this honer maddy," she asks before doing a double glance of my face," you ok," she Questions pointing me to the chairs, infront of her desk.
"Umm, dad gave me some news earlier, and um" I say quietly.
"Maddy I don't have all day,"
" Mason is dead he got high and crashed his car," I yell clearly upset, when maya left home mason was there for me, he helped me when dad chucked glass of plates at me, him not her she wasn't there for me after she left but he stuck around at least he cared.
"You dont need to yell," she says slamming her hands down on the desk and yes a year ago this would have petrified me, reminded me of everything my dad did, when in reality I know why when she did this it scared me, there a very few differences between them.
"God your just fu(king like him aren't you,  never gonna change," I say calmly, standing up,"just because you have authority over this fire house maya, does not mean you have it over me," I say leaving the room.
" madalyn Bishop, get you ass back in here now," she yells coming out of her office.
"Why, you gonna yell or slam your hands down throw shit about," I say turning to look at her.
" talk to me please," she asks sounding almost sad.
" maya, I can't mason was the best brother he might not have been there for you but he was there for me, you left, you left me and never looked back four years I had to struggle without you, mason stuck around he could have left the year after you did but he stayed for me, he helped cleaned my cuts when dad threw plates and glass at me, he was there for me when you were nowhere to be seen, I needed you and you left," I half yell through sobs still stood in the hallway I look at her eyes the look is just depressing, her eyes start to glass over and she goes to hug me I put my hand out to stop her," remember I may be your sister and I may be younger but there is no frightening me anymore into doing what you need, I've seen things you would never cope with maya, so act all tuff and Try to scare me but, I hate to brake it to you I just won't work anymore, that part of my life, the part where if someone yelled or dropped a glass I would have a panic attack that chapter is closed and it will stay that way as long as I can help it."