leaving

The letter finally came through, I have 2 days, I mean it's only been 2 days
since I got cleared and 1 day since I dropped Kate of with an asshole, but we go on, Afghanistan this time, different group, but I'm still a lieutenant, thank god. I have started to pack my bag, Andy is going to be on shift for the next 48 hours so I will leave 12 hours before she gets home and I will call Carter and his new boyfriend, Jack he is nice enough I guess, don't really see him.

________________________________________

36 hours later, bag packed just have to wtite a few letters then I'm gone, Carter agreed to come round in an hour that gives me time to write all 4 letters.

Letter 1.

Dear Andy.

I'm sorry for leaving and not telling you where I am goingor why I left all I will tell you is that you can call me anytime you need me, the reason I am leaving is I got cleared to go back, I promise I will see you soon. I know you have looked after, the twins before but I'm sorry would you do it again, I am fully aware that this is unfair, I'm sorry.

Lost of love,

Maddyx

Letter 2.

Dear Kate,

I'm sorry for the other day I shouldn't have reacted that way, it was unfair and I never gave you an answer, yes I love you, I love you so much it hurts, I can not describe how I feel about you, all I know is I would take a bullet for you, I literally give my life for your, I sincerely apologise for leaving without saying goodbye, I'm going back to the army, I was going to tell you but I decided against it, honestly I'm glad I did, but this is my adventure and that is yours, enjoy Seattle and living with Emma, I hope you guys are happy, I will return and I will see you soon, all I can say is I hope you feel the same way, goodbye Kate, I love you. Call me if you need me I'm always at the other end.

Maddy xxxx

Letter 3.

Hey maya, ciao carina.

I know you both are going to be mad at me and I know this isn't fair on you two for leaving again, especially without saying goodbye, but I know I have to my psychiatrist cleared me for the field so I'm going back out there, look after Andy and check in on the twins every now and again, I wish I said goodbye but, I know if I do I won't leave, I'll see you when I return whenever that is just remember I'm just a phone call away.
Love you both.

Maddy.xxx

Letter 4

Hey Carter,

I know you were against me leaving the first time but I'm doing it again but this time there will be no goodbyes, dont do anything stupid while I'm gone I'll return and everything better be still intact and that includes my kids, mabey it would be easier this time to say goodbye but I don't really want to find out, I'll see you soon call me if you need anything and I'll be there, but for now this is goodbye.

Maddy.xx

Done my hand is seriously cramping there's a knock at the door so I quickly put the all in their assigned envelopes, I grab my car keys my bag is already in my car, so I can avoid suspicion.
"Hey so Andy will be back In like 3 hours so, she will see you off, see you in a bit," I say quickly leaving, just after I have said goodbye to my kids.
I get in my car and receive a message from my new Sargent Andrews, saying we leave today in 6 hours so I start to drive there, I get a call from cater I'm guessing he read the letter to him, so I decline.

________________________________________

Well that was a long ass drive,5 hours later and I have finally made it to camp, a different on from before, in parksville
Canada. The plane leaves in 30 minutes, and well I'm ready I hope, I already miss everyone. It will all be fine in the end.

I get on the plane all men wow, this is going to be great, one of them looks ten what is this why do all of us look so young. Except one guy he look mid 30s, you never know.
"Hey, I'm Alec," a guy says sat next to me.
" maddy, Bishop," I say shaking his hand.
"You look young how old are you," he asks, to be honest I think he is younger than me.
" 19 but I'm 20 in 1 week," I respond.
"Ahh that makes sense, I'm 21," he says, this guy is an odd one.
"Ok," I mumble, going back to my book.

________________________________________

We land my god its hotter here than Iraq, still desert but different, the camp look cleaner, bigger, more space, different style tents, everything so similar yet so different.

We get off and are given directions, I feel my phone buzz, we are aloud to use them 2 days a week between 5am and 9am they tell us the days the day off, I turn my phone off and place it in on my small bed size table along with a book and some other things, I grab my clothes and put them in the cupboard below the table, along with my spair pair of boots, I'm in it for the long run and I'm here to stay, there's no going back now.