experience

Quiet nights, busy days raids have happened, recon missions, shots fired bombs dropped, 1 year of this and somehow I'm still alive, prompted twice so I'm now a captain, like maya the bars are the same except when I was a second lieutenant it was a singular gold bar and first silver gold bar captain is two silver bars just like mayas. Never thought that would happen.
We have had a couple of deaths recently, and sadly one of the was alec he was shot 3 months in we were bombarded out on patrol, when these guys came out of nowhere he saved me and well they took his life.
I have received no calls my phone has signal, but none of them actually tried, I saw on Instagram that Kate got into, nyu, I'm proud of her, when I get out of this place the first place I'm heading is new York, I want to see her, I need to see her. Surprised she didn't tell me but I guess it's ok.

________________________________________

Led here on my bed listening to the gun shots, my phone starts to buzz, I pick it up, Lane Bishop, I mean I havent seen him for a good few years so I maya s well answer.
M,"Hey dad,"
L," maddy, where are you,"
M," I'm in the army, like I have been for the past 3 years,"
L," I never thought you would be such a disappointment maddy,"
I hang up, he hasn't changed and he never will, why did I answer that phone, we have a kinda pager and I get one from the commander, so I immediately grab my gear and put it on. Bullet proof vest everything due to the number I was sent, I know what we're doing and where we are going.

We arrive in the small village 10 miles out of bass, people screaming others dead the appears to be no others with guns but I'm sure we will find our we always do, "quill, lance, Henderson, Miller, Gilbert, come with me we search every building, make sure you watch where you step, check for anyone who is injured, radio me if you get into trouble, and stay alive," I order, those are the rest of the people in the transport truck we used so it's only a small team but more are coming in behind us. We walk into a small regular looking house bullet holes cove the wall , blood splatters on one wall some fresh some not.we search other buildings, not finding anything until, bang, then another one then a few more, Gilbert falls blood pooling around them, then Henderson, then lance,last but not least miller, there all dead there chests stopped rising and there eyes glazed over.I feel a dripping on my shoulder, yep you guessed it I was shot, I shoot the guy that shot the others and start to make my way back to the truck the driver is already there, I mean he is trained in combat but that isn't his job I climb in the back with some aid from the only other guy that is alive. We head back to base but everything has gone black.

________________________________________

I wake up in hospital, uniform hung up on the door I recognise this room ive been here before I can't move my shoulder, it's covered in bandages some look bloody, grey sloan, dam I'm back. That was not what I wanted to happen. Mabey I will be allowed back, there's a letter on my bedside table.

Dear captain Bishop.

With my sincere apologies I would like to thank you for your service, and I am sorry for saying this but you have been discharged with the upmost honorable accords thank you for your 3 years of impeccable service. Your stuff has been returned to you and is on the chair by your room your family have not been notified off your return  as you have no emergency contact.

Yours sincerely

General Hudson.

Crap, meredith comes in so I shut my eyes quickly I don't want to be awake as traumatising as it was it was also the best time of my life I made new freinds, learnt new lessons, didn't give up like I'm doing now, my freinds may be dead but I'm not, it's not fair, they shouldn't of had to die, dolce et decorum est, is something we used to say it's the title of a poem by Wilfred Owen, a British soldier that died 48 hours before the end of ww1. Dolce et decorum est translates to it is good and proper to die for you country, well they did, its sad but its what we signed up for when we joined.
" maddy, I know you awake," meredith says.
"Fine I'm awake," I say putting on a brave face.
"Ok so do you want me to call maya, carina or anyone," she asks.
" I'm nearly 21 Dr grey I can handle this on my own," I respond.
" Ok then, you were flown in and we have rebuilt your soldier 10 screws and  5 plates you will stay here for a couple more days then you are free to leave, you will have to come back for physical therapy, once every 2 weeks after that until I sign the papers, are you sure you  don't want us to call anyone." She feeds me alot of information.
" I'm sure tha k you dr grey," I respond before she leaves the room and falling back into a deep sleep