reunion

3 weeks later and I've been staying ina hotel, haven't told anyone I'm home yet and I know it's selfish. Today I think I may be ready so I have checked out of my hotel still only wearing uniform as that is all I have at the moment.
I don't go to the station I go to the airport, I'm off to New York I'll see the others when I get back.

4 hours later and I have finally landed in New York, Kates goes to the cafe everyday for lunch, she post a different picture on insta from the same location so I thought I would wait there for her my shoulder is starting to get better, in fact I'm ment to be in physical therapy today oops. Eh who care my shoulder is fine.
12:04pm I estimating Kate will be hear within the next few minutes, as if on que she walks through the door and goes to the counter, I stand up as she goes to pay for her food and give them my card.
"I've got it," I say as she hands my card back.
"Oh thanks, maddy," she says in shock.
" hi," I say kissing her forehead.she leads me to a table while she waist for her food, I go to sit down on a chair but she cups my face gently with her hands moves some of my hair out of my face and pulls me in, we pull away when there is a necessity for air.
" how did you know I was here," she asks hugging me, and through tears.
" Instagram, you post from the same location everyday," I say stroking her hair. We sir down and make small talk until her food comes, the food I ordered arrives at the same time as hers.
We talk for hours until the cafe is closing so we have to leave.

________________________________________

We get back to her place making out, she pushes me against the door running her hands through my hair, I pick her up as she unlock the door we get through to her room, I lock the door as I kick it close she starts to undo my uniform, and I begin to remove her t-shirt..........
I wake in the morning, kates head resting eyes closed on my bare chest, our breathing synced and silence fills the room. I run my hands through her hair making a small smile appear on her face.
" morning," I wisper kissing her forehead.
"Mhh," she responds, burying her head deeper.
"I have to go back to Seattle in 2 days,"I say closing my eyes.
" why," she whines.
" cause my sister Doesn't even know I'm back, and this time I'm not leaving," I say wincing as I move my arm. That is still healing.
"What happend," she says stroking my other, non broken arm.
"Oh I got shot twice, had to have my shoulder rebuilt," I say drawing circles on her back.
"Oh, I'm sorry maddy," she says
" what for," I ask looking down at her.
"For staying with Emma, when I was in love with you,"she says quietly.
"I will always wait for you if your not happy with me then be happy with someone else as long as whoever you end up with treats you right and makes you feel on top of the world, just like the way you have always made me feel," I say moving her hair out of her face and pulling it in. She pulls away with a smile creeping up on her face.

________________________________________

2 days pass and Kate took me to the airport, I got on the plane and well I felt tears fall down my face and I still don't have any other cloths except uniform. Why didn't I go shopping in new York well I suppose I was a bit busy.

I land back in seattle, and head to station 19, walk through the doors trucks are out no one on front desk, so they are on a call bonus for me then, I walk into mayas office, what a surprise carina is asleep on mayas chair.
" maya, oh maddy," she says closing her eyes again," wait maddy," she says jumping out of the chair. She walks round the desk and wraps her arms around my neck," don't you ever leave again," she mumbles her tears falling on my neck.
"I'm here to surprise maya so, I'm gonna hide in there," I say pointing to her bunk," and can you just act naturally, please," I say still hugging her.
"Ok, glad to have you home maddy, but what happened to your shoulder and when did you get home," she asks.
"Got shot twice, shoulder was rebuilt at grey sloan been home for 3 weeks and 3 days, and I'm home for good on the account of an honorable discharge," I say pushing any feeling I have done right now.
"I'm sorry maddy," she says kissing my cheek.
"Hey its fine, I said I would come back alive," I say going into mayas bunk, I hear the trucks pull up a half hour later, I can also hear carina snoring, I hope she doesn't give this away, it's carina she is great at keeping secrets I should know I mean she never told maya what happen 4 years ago now.
Mayas office door opens and it jolts carina awake, can't believe she hasn't  noticed the bunk door is open. Carina stands up to hug maya and I fully open the door, she can't see me as she is facing the other way carina let's her go and I hug her from behind.
"What the fuck," she says going to elbow me but I stop it as that would have been a mistake she would not make again especially with that arm, I mean it's damaged enough already.
"Ok put the elbows away please," I laugh.
"Maddy," she says spinning around," finally your home, and injured again, what did you do," she asks tears falling down her face.
" I was shot twice, and ended up in grey sloan 3 weeks ago, and had to have my shoulder rebuilt," I say slightly rocking as I hug her.
"You mean to say you've been home for 3 weeks and didn't tell anyone," she says smacking the back of my head," and are these captain bars I see on your uniform, why did are you not still out there," she Questions.
"Yes I made captain, and I'm not there due to the account of an honorable discharge," I say standing back leaning in her bunk doorway.
"What have you been doing for these 3 weeks," she asks.
" I stayed in hotel sleeping, and then 4 days ago I went to New York to see Kate, then I came from the airport earlier straight here," I respond.
"Have you told Andy yet," she asks.
" nope that's where I'm heading now," I say going to leave to find Andy.
"Ok I'll see you later then," maya says quietly, I turn around to hug her and open my arm indicating for carina to join.
" good to have to have you home mads," she says before I leave.
I walk up to the rest of the crews bunks and into andys who is already sleeping peacefully, I climb in next to her resting my head on her chest, she wraps her arm around my waist.
"I'm home," I wisper  slowly falling asleep.
"I'm glad, I missed you maddy," she says kissing my forehead.