new job

I open the door to reveal a lovely surprise." Fu(k you Kate," I say leaving her apartment she was on top of her ex Emma, naked may I add. I stumble back down the hall trying to remember where I'm going, some advice don't do 15 rounds of whatever I was drinking. It takes me a good hour to get home.
I kinda fall in the kitchen creating a loud bang, causing Andy to rush out of her room.
" bloody hell, how much have you had to drink," she asks, rapping an arm around my waist to hold me up.
"Hopefully energy to kill me," I laugh but have tears running down my face.
"You should get some sleep," she say helping me to my bed.
"Stay, please," I slurr out in my semi conscious state. She climbs into my bed with me and I rest my head on her chest listening to her heart beat calming me from the events of the night, God why did I drink this much, bad idea on my behalf.

________________________________________

My god my head is killing me, do I tell Andy that I found Kate cheating on me, nah that is a bad Idea.
" morning," Andy says snapping me out of a trance.
"Loud, " I say reaching for my phone, the remembering I lost it," crap," I say rubbing my temples.
"Hungover, well I give you some paracetamol, and you have to get ready for work," Right I say, downing a glass of water along side the 2 tablets.

Andy left before me she doesn't know that I'm stationed with her, I walk into mayas office, emmet stood next to me.
"I would like to welcome you to station 19, let's meet the team," she says walking out of her office I've been coming here since I was 16, I think ive met the team.
" 19, meet the probies, emmet Dixon, and maddy Bishop, Dixon stick to Travis, Bishop you will stick to Andy, dismissed," she say leaving as she does the klaxon goes off.
"Dixon, Montgomery and car. Bishop, the rest of you know where you are," we jog down to the truck Andy and I are in ladder, we hop in after getting our turn outs on.
"You ready," maya says through the headset.
"Yes captain," I say looking at the buildings as they pass, an apartment fire, for god sake Kate apartment block kill me now.
"Right Bishop, Herrera up on the roof you two need to vent the roof Montgomery, Dixon, door duty, everyone else start soaking this building," she says and Andy and I start to  climb the ladder with the tools we were given.
" Bishop you near the top," Andy says coming in close behind me.
" yep I'm there now," I say going to step in the roof, crap is soft you can't stand on that it will collapse beneath you,"Andy the roods soft," I say as she crashes into me making me stumble of the ledge onto the roof.
"Don't move," she says. Shit this isn't exactly going to plan.
"Herrera, is the roof vented yet," maya radios.
"Nope we have a bit of a problem," Andy say looking at me fear in her eyes .
"What's going on up there we need the roof vented," Jack yells down the radio. I have an idea but Andy isn't going to like it, I stand up god if this roof caves in I'm dead well that might not be a bad thing, I slowly take a step forward hearing the cracking beneath me, I feel it start to give jumping for the side of the building I grab hold of the edge as the roof falls into the building Andy backs up with her hand over her mouth clearly not seeing I caught my self. I pull my self back up onto the ledge and she looks like she is going to kill me later, dam, lesson learnt don't piss Andy off.
"You ok," she asks as we climb back down the ladder.
"Yeh, I'm fine," I say enjoy the adrenalin.
"What happend," maya say removing my helmet.
"The roof was soft and I slipped and fell on it, as so as I jumped to grab the side it collapsed," I say not throwing Andy under the bus.
"Just be careful," she orders trying not to be soft infront of the team. I see Kate looking at me from the sidewalk, God I hate that I still love her.
" maddy," she yells. But I choose to ignore her getting into the truck followed by Andy.
"Good job everyone," maya say over the radio

________________________________________

We get back and I go to my bunk, Andy and I share, I start to close my eyes but all I see is blood, dam not again I can't deal with this right now, the body parts scattered around me, his previously clean dog tags, now splattered with blood. The flashback finally stop making me wake up breathing heavy thank god Andys not in the room. I walk out to them all eating sweat is still on my face,
" Bishop my office," maya says as soon as she looks at me, I must admit I look kinda pale but I'm always pale I dont go outside unless I absolutely have to or at 4 in the morning for a run.
" what's up captain," I ask sitting infront of her desk.
"Right now I'm not captain, Im just your sister, what's going on you seem out of it, we only have a couple hours left I that's what's wrong," she says.
"You think it's the amount of time, no maya, that's definitely not the issue," I say laughing she thinks I can't handle it.
"Then what wrong, oh and Kate called your name earlier," she say there's my excuse she doesn't need to know about the ptsd.
"I know, I heard," I respond coldly.
" what happend," maya asked.
"She cheated," I say leaving mayas office to go join the others in the Beanery.