reading

Kates pov
I haven't seen maddy for a few days since she dropped me off I haven't had any texts or anything so I'm going round to her apartment. It's only a 5 minute walk so I get there pretty fast, I knock on the door and Carter opens it seeming slightly distressed, he turns around leaving the door open and points to the counter and I see 3 letter all lined up the 4th was open I see my name on one and I know that handwriting, its definitely maddys
I open the letter to read.

Dear Kate,

I'm sorry for the other day I shouldn't have reacted that way, it was unfair and I never gave you an answer, yes I love you, I love you so much it hurts, I can not describe how I feel about you, all I know is I would take a bullet for you, I literally give my life for your, I sincerely apologise for leaving without saying goodbye, I'm going back to the army, I was going to tell you but I decided against it, honestly I'm glad I did, but this is my adventure and that is yours, enjoy Seattle and living with Emma, I hope you guys are happy, I will return and I will see you soon, all I can say is I hope you feel the same way, goodbye Kate, I love you. Call me if you need me I'm always at the other end.

Maddy xxxx

Tears are streaming down my face as I read this she is right, Emma isn't right for me the only person I want is maddy but she is gone, and isn't coming back for a while. Why did I go back to Emma why didn't I listen to the silent words she was giving me all the secret messages she left, everything she did for me, and what did I do, I went back to an asshole of a human being. I take the letter and grab andys and mayas and sprint to the station, I have spent hours here when maddy worked reception for them.
"Andy maya read this," I say handing them there letters they start to open the and I see anger then sadness flash through mayas eyes and looks of dispare through andys.

Andys pov.

Normal day at the station, and all is fairly quiet currently chilling in mayas office talking about maddy and what she is doing and wonder what trouble she is getting herself into, the door flush open smashing into the wall a out of breath Kate appears.
  "Andy maya read this," she say puffing and handing us each a letter. I open mine and wow maddys handwriting. It reads.

Dear Andy.

I'm sorry for leaving and not telling you where I am going or why I left all I will tell you is that you can call me anytime you need me, the reason I am leaving is I got cleared to go back, I promise I will see you soon. I know you have looked after, the twins before but I'm sorry would you do it again, I am fully aware that this is unfair, I'm sorry.

Lost of love,

Maddyx

Looks of dispare must of flashed across my face but maya looks angry and sad at the same time, I'm guessing hers read something similar but my question is why leave without telling me, she is my best freind of course I would have stopped her, I don't want to lose her but I have a feeling that, that has already happened.

Mayas pov

Quiet day at station 19, Andy and I are just sitting in my office talking about maddy and what she is doing today but we both actually have no idea so it's all just speculations. The door of my office is flung open to reveal a out of breath kate, she is slightly hunches over catching her breath.
"Andy, maya read these," she say passing us both letters addressed to us I know this handwriting, and it's pretty obvious it's maddys.

Hey maya, ciao carina.

I know you both are going to be mad at me and I know this isn't fair on you two for leaving again, especially without saying goodbye, but I know I have to my psychiatrist cleared me for the field so I'm going back out there, look after Andy and check in on the twins every now and again, I wish I said goodbye but, I know if I do I won't leave, I'll see you when I return whenever that is just remember I'm just a phone call away.
Love you both.

Maddy.xxx

Why would she go back she never told me what happened out there but Andy and I have our Ideas, plus she has kids and they are growing up, plus it's like she has by death wish, another thing is she is my little sister I can't loose her, that would make my world empty, her and carina are like my light in the dark. I would prefer if she was a firefighter to be honest, at least then I could keep an eye on her. All we can do is hope that she returns home. All we can do is hope.