那個黑骷髏

二** (Chapter Two)
eng: That black skeleton

~

Skeleton

~

"Welcome to Monster School!" Herobrine exclaims, throwing his hands into the air enthusiastically. The mobs had given me a tour around the school. I had gotten quite familiar with their names; not that they're hard to remember.

"So...," Zombie says, "Can we call you Stray?"

"A-Actually, I'd prefer to be called Skeleton," I say. Zombie nods in understanding.

"Here's your desk," Herobrine says, "You'll be sitting right next to Wither."

"Speaking of Wither, where is he?" Ghast asks, "I know he's always late, but..."

Herobrine sighs. "Don't worry, Skeleton. We'll introduce you to Wither later. For now, I'll let you get acquainted with the rest of the mobs. Class, today's objective is to get familiar with Skeleton. Understood?"

"Understood!" The mobs exclaim. Soon enough, all of my classmates circled around me.

"So, Skeleton," Slime says, "Where are you from?"

"Ooh, yeah! I'm super curious about that, actually!" Creeper exclaims. My body tenses up.

I open my mouth to speak, only to get interrupted by Pigman shouting, "Wither, you're finally here!"

The rest of the mobs quickly forget about the question. I push myself off the ground. I turn around, curious about this 'Wither'.

And, boy, I wish I hadn't turned around after all.

Wither was none other than a wither skeleton. My whole body was frozen in place.

"Wither!" Zombie exclaims, "We have a new classmate!"

"Oh?" Wither says. I stood there in horror, trying to process the fact that a wither skeleton was no more than twenty feet away from me.

Wither and I lock eyes. My whole figure tenses as he walks toward me.

"Skeleton, this is Wither. He'll be your tablemate for this semester," Herobrine says.

"W-What?!" I exclaim, "H-Him?!"

A few mobs glance at me, confused.

"Don't be shy, Skeleton!" Zombie says, "Wither's a pretty cool guy!" Wither doesn't agree nor deny this as he takes his seat. I gulp and plop next to him, avoiding eye contact with him at all costs.

~

"So, how would you rate your first day at Monster School?" Zombie asks as Herobrine dismisses us.

"It was... Interesting," I admit. I was still a bit shaky from encountering that wither skeleton.

"Hey, uh... If you don't mind me asking... Why do you wear a cloak? I mean, like, I know why, but why inside of school? It's pretty hot in here, and Herobrine never turns the AC on."

"I don't know... I guess I'm just used to wearing it. I've had it for a while now."

"Skeleton!" Herobrine shouts. Zombie pats my shoulder. "See ya later, Skeleton."

"What is it, Herobrine?" I ask, walking back to the classroom.

"I'd like for you and Wither to get more closely acquainted. You both are tablemates after all," he says. I open my mouth to protest, only for Herobrine to teleport me back into my seat. Wither snored peacefully, his chest rising and falling. Herobrine scoffs and uses a ruler to bonk the top of Wither's skull. Wither groans and mutters a few curses before glaring at his teacher.

"As I was telling Skeleton, I wanted the both of you to introduce yourselves. Tomorrow we'll be going off on an adventure with our tablemates, and it'd be best to get familiar with them." Herobrine teleports away after saying this, leaving Wither and me alone in the empty classroom.

"..." Wither turns his head towards me. I hop out of my seat in a panic.

"...What are you doing?" He asks.

"I, uh..."

"...Why is your hunger bar almost completely depleted?" He asks suddenly. I get caught a bit off-guard by his question. How does he know that? That's impossible!

"E-excuse me?"

"You heard me," he says with an eye roll.

"It's... It's not." I crossed my arms and glared at him, no longer feeling threatened by his presence. He scoffs. "Do you take me as an idiot?"

Truth was, I was beyond starving. Despite this, though, I'm not going to show any weakness around a wither skeleton.

"What if I do?" I snap back. He stands up from his chair. "Take that back, Skeleton."

"Not a chance."

He groans, clearly agitated. "Whatever, suit yourself."

Herobrine returns suddenly. "So, are you two well acquainted?"

"Oh, yeah, Skeleton and I are best buds now," Wither says sarcastically. Herobrine raises his eyebrow and glances in my direction. I sigh and nod reluctantly, already regretting my decision to attend Monster School. 

"Great! Skeleton, Wither, you are both dismissed. I expect to see you both at 8:30 am, sharp. Got it, Wither?" Herobrine glares at Wither sternly.

"Yeah, yeah," Wither says, rolling his eyes and exiting the classroom abruptly. Herobrine sighs and mumbles, "I swear, if he's late again tomorrow..."

I exit Monster School, thinking, this is going to be one heck of a year...

...Probably for the worse.

~