時間:八點半

三** (Chapter Three)
eng: Time: 8:30

~

Skeleton

~

"..."

"I can't believe he's late again!" Herobrine exclaims. Zombie and Pigman chuckle quietly as they watch their distressed teacher rant about how Wither's always late and so on. I watch quietly as this goes down.

Classic wither skeleton behavior, I assume, rolling my eyes at the thought.

"Maybe we can start without him?" Creeper suggests. Herobrine sighs and nods in defeat. "Very well, class. Today we'll be doing a small quest with our table mates."

"Oh god," Ghast whispers to Enderman, "These are never a good sign..."

"For today's quest, I've decided to do something very simple. We're going to build a house with our table mates and live alongside them for the rest of the semester."

I nearly choke on the breath I was taking. What?!

"Wait, but Herobrine," Ghast whines, "I live in the Nether, and Enderman lives in the Overworld!"

"I'm sure you'll be able to figure it out," Herobrine says, waving Ghast off. The class groans in frustration to this idea.

"Alright, you have four hours to build your house. Whichever partners build the best house will get ten diamonds each. The time officially starts now."

"Did he say ten diamonds?! Pigman, let's get going!" Zombie practically drags Pigman out of the classroom.

The rest of the class is soon to leave after, leaving me standing alone like a deer with headlights. I blush in embarrassment. Herobrine sighs and hands me a few stacks of random blocks.

"Since Wither isn't here yet, I've decided to give you a head start in case he doesn't show at all," he says.

"Alright. Thanks, Herobrine," I say, placing the blocks into my inventory. Herobrine nods and teleports away with a small poof.

"Alright, this should be easy enough...," I mumble, walking out of the school. Suddenly, I realize that I actually don't know how to build. At all.

"This... This could be a problem..."

~

"No, this doesn't look right..."

It's been a little over an hour into the assignment, and I still haven't been able to build anything. Obviously, I can place blocks and all, but it's all at random. The best I've built so far is a 4 x 4 box, just enough for myself to cower under. The rest of the blocks were placed in haphazard areas.

I'm going to make myself look like an idiot, aren't I...

"Pfft, what are you doing?" A voice suddenly says. I jump in surprise, accidentally banging my head onto the top of my box.

Wither stood in front of me with his arms crossed. I glare at him and huff at his idiotic-sounding giggles.

"Do you need something?" I ask flatly. He pouts and says, "Aww, not happy to see me?"

"Ecstatic," I grumble. "And where have you been for the past hour and a half?"

"I just slept a bit late, it's not that big of a deal." He shrugs it off and starts to examine my build.

"What were you even trying to build?" He scoffs, "Anyone would become insane after living in what you've built."

"Funny you're even talking, considering you're over an hour late," I snap back. He ignores this and starts destroying the blocks that I so preciously placed.

"Hey!" I exclaim, "Would you quit that?!"

"I'm not going to live in a box. It's bad enough that I have to share a roof with you for a year." He collects all of the blocks and starts to make a foundation.

Despite hating his guts, I was curious. I wanted to learn how to build for myself, so I wouldn't have to rely on others to build for me.

"Are you just going to stand there or are you actually going to help me out," he says. As much as I wanted to retaliate, I swallow my pride and blurt, "I... I can't."

"You can't?" He repeats, "What does that even mean?"

"I...," I huff, "Don't laugh but... I never learnt how to build..."

"..." He stares at me for a few moments. God, I just made everything so much more awkward haven't I?

"Wait, you're being serious?" He asks.

"What, did you think I'd make that up?"

"Um, yeah." I scoff and glare at him, crossing my arms. Legend never said that wither skeletons were idiotic. Maybe they mixed evil up with idiotic.

"Well, I guess I'll be nice to you, just this once," he says. I glance at him suspiciously. I swear, if he's just going to waste my time...

~

"Huh, not bad. I was expecting worse since I have you as my partner," Wither says.

"At least I actually show up when I'm supposed to," I grumble.

"Wither, Skeleton," Herobrine says, "You've both done quite a good job. You can both transfer your items to this house now. I've crafted two chests for each of you." Herobrine tosses us two chests each before teleporting away to judge another house.

"Two chests won't even hold a tenth of my stuff," Wither whines, placing the two chests down next to his bed.

"Here, just use these." I toss my two chests towards Wither. He eyes and collects them quietly.

"Not even a small 'thank you, Skeleton,'" I mutter.

Idiot.

~