鬼間冒險變成夢魘

十二** (Chapter 12)
eng: The adventure to the Nether becomes a nightmare
~

A/n: I've been updating this book so quickly, dangg- I hope chapter quality isn't going down TvT

Though, I really enjoyed writing this one :) Probs my favorite chapter so far!

~

Wither

~

My blood runs cold. Invalid coordinates? Impossible!

"Wither? What's wrong?" I don't respond, trying once more to locate them.

I can't find them. Shit, where could they be? My mind races. Could they have returned back to the classroom? If that's the case, though, why can't I locate them? There are only two places I can't that I can't locate anyone in— the End or... No. They're not there. They can't be.

A soft hand grips mine, snapping me out of it. "Wither, are you alright?" Skeleton asks softly. I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding.

"Y-Yeah. Yeah."

"Hey, Wither, I... I just wanted to apologize to you again now that we're alone... I really regret what I said to you..."

Oh, right. I recall the memory.

"Hope you don't come back," he had said. I felt my heart ache at that moment. Despite how Skeleton and I would often quarrel, I genuinely cared a lot about him.

After that, I stopped speaking to him. Stupid, I know. I should've just let it go, but...

I never felt anything like it before, not even when my father belittled me.

"Don't worry about it, Skeleton," I say.

"D-Don't... Don't say that...," he mumbles, "Please, just say you forgive me..." I was rather shocked by this. Does it really mean that much to him?

"I..." I bend down, noting his upset expression. Of course I forgive you, you idiot. But before I'm able to say this out loud, though, I hear a howl.

Skeleton and I both jolt, turning our heads towards the sound.

"W-What... What was that...," Skeleton whispers, barely audible.

"I don't know. Stay behind me, Skeleton." He cowers behind me, gently holding my left hand. I could feel him gently quivering behind me, trying his hardest to stay calm.

Then, I saw it.

It was a wither skeleton. A hideous example of my cruel kind, standing merely a few hundred feet away. In his hand he held a sharp iron sword. He and I lock eyes.

"Shit," I breathe. "Skeleton, you need to get out of here. Drop the potion Herobrine gave you."

"No!" He exclaims, his voice frantic, "You and I are leaving together!"

"That isn't possible. Leave now before it's too late. I assure you, I'll be fine." He doesn't budge.

"No. I'm not leaving without you!"

"Now isn't the time to be stubborn, Skeleton!" I hiss. The mob was getting closer and closer, his pace matching a sprint. In less than ten seconds, his sword would clash with mine.

"You're speaking nonsense!" Skeleton exclaims, "Stop trying to do this yourself!"

"You're an idiot, Skeleton! Just leave before-!" The sound of two swords clashing cuts me off mid-sentence. Skeleton had shoved me aside, sword in hand as he blocked the skeleton's slash. I was in a state of shock as I watched Skeleton skillfully use his sword, fighting in a near-perfect stance.

He manages to knock the sword out of the wither's hand, the sword tumbling onto the ground. His expression darkened as he pointed the sword towards the mob's chest. The mob fretfully takes a few steps back, falling onto his knees. He was at mercy to Skeleton, whose eyes were darker than a stormy midnight.

"Give me one reason I shouldn't end your pathetic life here." I had never once heard Skeleton use such a dark and dominant tone. His hold on his sword remained firm.

"Leave the Prince alone!" It exclaims, "It's dirty skeletons like yourself that have been keeping him captive, hasn't it?!"

"Prince?" He scoffs, "Give me a real reason before I chop your neck clean off."

"The Prince has been missing for two years, and I've finally found him! The Queen will kill me if I return without him, so if you'll please-!" Before the skeleton could finish his sentence, his body vanished into dust. Skeleton had stabbed him right in the heart.

I finally return to my senses, stumbling as I pry myself off the ground. Skeleton pants softly, returning his blade into his inventory. I watch him, speechless as to what just went down.

"Still think I'm useless?" He whispers, just audible enough for me to hear. I was at a loss for words. How did he do that? Last I checked, strays used bows and arrows.

"Skeleton..." He turns his head, his eyes locking with mine. "Yeah...?"

"Y-You're... Your hand is bleeding." (A/n: You're and your intended! Also, reread this line before you read the a/n at the end of this chapter!) His expression returns to his normal one, blank and seemingly indifferent. "Oh."

I yank his arm, careful to not rewound the injured area. "Drink this." He seems questioning at first, but he drinks the potion without protest. The wound closes up seconds later, as if it were never there in the first place.

"T-Thanks," he says, pulling his hand out of mine, "Now let's get going. Teleport us to Slime and Creeper so we know they're safe."

Shit. I've been so caught up with Skeleton that I've forgotten about them. I attempt once more to locate their coordinates, yet no luck. I try once more. Nothing.

"Well?"

"...I- I can't."

"You can't? Why not?!" He exclaims, "Is it because you're too scared they'll find out about your powers?"

"No, of course not. I... I can't locate them. They aren't here."

"W-What?! Wither, what do you mean they aren't here?!"

My whole figure tenses up. I didn't want to believe it myself. But it's the only possible thing.

"We... W-We won't be able to find them. The best thing we can do is tell Herobrine-!"

"Wither, what's going on with you?! This whole time you've been completely anxious when you've been telling me the Nether is safe... W-Was that a lie?" His expression showed nothing more than fear.

"Skeleton, I didn't lie to you! This part of the Nether is completely safe!"

"Then why was there a wither skeleton charging at us with a sword a few moments ago?!"

"Skeleton, wither skeletons don't naturally spawn here! In fact, wither skeletons are forbidden from ever entering this half of the Nether!" After that sentence left my mouth, I realized my mistake. His expression completely morphs from fear to horrified.

"Wait, Skeleton-!"

"Save it," he snaps, "I can't believe I trusted you in the first place! You've been lying to me all along!"

"Skeleton, it was never my intention to lie to you-!"

"Wither, if I ever see you again, I swear," he says, his voice shaking, "I'll chop your idiotic head right off." With that, Skeleton runs off, his rattling footsteps fading with each step he took.

~

A/n: Oh, shit, stuff's getting tense...

Now, referring back to that line...

What we all wish occurred.

"Y-You're...," Wither says, "That was... That was hot."

The end (jk)