鬼間

五** (Chapter 5)
eng: The demon's world (aka the Nether)

~

Skeleton

~

Wither and I earned the title of first place, tied with Ghast and Enderman. I didn't have much use for the loot anyways, so Wither and I ultimately decided to let the other winning team take the goods.

I remember sitting in class that whole day, unable to focus on anything Herobrine was teaching. I couldn't even begin to process what happened last night— not only did the greatest enemy known to my kind save my life, but he also has magical abilities?!

I glance at the snoring black-boned skeleton, watching him sleep peacefully while Herobrine was busy lecturing the class. I was pretty tired myself, barely getting a wink of sleep during the previous morning.

To be completely honest, I was no longer scared of Wither. I just... Am extremely cautious around him. I don't exactly trust him, not one bit. Especially with abilities like those.

..But I can't neglect the fact that he used those abilities to save me.

"Alright, class, you're all dismissed. Have a great weekend."

I snap out of my daze, standing up and getting ready to leave. Wither was still dead asleep on his desk.

"Wither," I say, gently tapping his shoulder, "Wake up." He shuffles a bit, groaning and turning his head to face me. "What."

"Class is over, get up. If you sleep any longer you'll be up the whole day."

"Don't care, let me sleep." He closes his eyes again, nearly falling asleep again. I roughly elbow his side. "Get. Up." He sends a cold hard glare at me.

We were the only two in class, as everyone had already left— even Herobrine. Wither finally stands up and pushes his chair in.

"Finally. Now c'mon, let's walk back home."

"Walk? No way," Wither says, crossing his arms. "If you want to walk that's fine." Before I get the chance to reply, he had already teleported. I stare at the empty space that was Wither moments ago.

"Oh well...," I mumble, "That answers that..." Maybe I'll go out for a bit and hunt. I don't remember the last time I've eaten, and my stomach is no longer numb. It's starting to hurt a whole lot. I exit the school, considering which direction to head for. At this point, I didn't care what I'd catch. I'd eat basically anything.

~

It's been two hours. No luck so far...

I slump and walk back to the house, my stomach grumbling in hunger. "Shut up, I know."

I open the door and slam it shut behind me. Wither was currently munching on a cake, eyeing me as I glare at him.

"What's got you all grumpy?"

"Nothing. I'm going to sleep now." I walk past him, ignoring his questioning gaze. I walk upstairs to my room, flopping onto my bed hopelessly as my stomach grumbled yet again. My body felt weak.

"I'll be able to sleep this off...," I tell myself, rolling to my side and closing my eyes. I snuggle further into my pillow. Sleep is near. Finally-!

My stomach interrupts this thought, grumbling even louder than previously. I jolt and sit straight up, cursing at my own stomach.

"Shut. Up."

"What are you even doing?"

I tumble off my bed in surprise. Wither was floating a few inches from the ground, staring down at me with an amused expression.