無助滿月 兩之二

**二十 (Chapter twenty)
eng: The helpless full moon, part two

~

A/n: Sorry this chapter took me forever to write... I suddenly got motivation last night to start this chapter. I hope it was worth the wait!

Super long chapter, btw. Probably the longest chapter that'll be in this book.

~

Wither

~

This wasn't good. Not at all.

There was only an hour before the Lord wanted me to perform the Full Moon Ceremony. Every exit inside of the palace was blocked by guards. Escape was impossible.

You may be asking, why can't you just teleport out of there? What about your abilities, Wither?

Well... Here's the thing. My abilities don't work here. They never did. In fact, it was only until I escaped this cursed realm that I even discovered my powers. This realm omits my powers.

Not only is not having my abilities annoying... It also makes everything more difficult. My weaknesses use this against me.

My vision was starting to blur as I was getting lightheaded from all my stress. I cough painfully, leaning onto the wall for support. I've had severe medical conditions ever since I was a child... Not only was I extremely asthmatic and anemic, but I was also prone to fainting due to stress. My powers seemed to keep my chronic conditions in check, effectively keeping them hidden. But now that my powers were gone, all of my problems were resurfacing simultaneously.

"Your highness, are you feeling alright?" A servant asks, noticing how I was leaning against the wall for support. I push myself off of the wall, nodding. "Yes. I am just fine."

"Alright... The Lord requested for me to find you... He says it is almost time..."

Already? I start to feel myself getting nervous. Initially, I had planned to escape before the Full Moon Ceremony. Unfortunately, escaping wasn't as easy as I'd originally thought...

"A-Alright then. I'll be on my way then." I quickly walk past the servant, walking into a random room and shutting the door behind me. I can't quit yet. I managed to escape once. I can do it again if I just put my mind to it...

I steady my breathing, attempting to calm myself down before coming up with a plan. Knowing Skeleton, he's not leaving this realm without me. As touching as that is, I also hope that my gut feeling is wrong. Maybe I'm overthinking this. Maybe Skeleton has already brought both Slime and Creeper back to safety.

"Splitting up was such a bad idea... Now I have no idea where Skeleton is... Wh-What if he's in trouble?... What if... What if those crazy scientists decide to experiment on him?!" My breathing quickens. No, no... But... what if...

"Ash. There you are." The Lord walks in, and I freeze in place. No, no... Not now...

"Odd. I believe I asked one of the servants to ask you to come meet me."

"I apologize, Lor- father," I say quickly, "I got distracted thinking about... Being closer to our savior, after tonight's Full Moon Ceremony..." I mentally cringe at my lie, the mere thought of the so-called savior making me feel sick to my stomach.

"...Delightful. Follow me, Ash. The ceremony will be starting momentarily."

I nod, hesitantly following after him. I've wasted so much time, yet... I still have no good escape plan...