他們不見了!

十一** (Chapter 11)
eng: They're missing!

~

Skeleton

~

I watch my clock tick back and forth, quietly. My warm breath clashes with my window, resulting in a vague and foggy blotch on the clear glass.

Wither and I haven't spoken for a week now. Every time we'd make eye contact, the other would turn and walk away.

I was always what mobs called tsundere, or someone that loved playing hard to get. As much as I denied it, I knew deep down that they weren't wrong. I rarely smiled, my past probably the most befitting reason.

But liking someone was something I haven't gotten used to. I didn't know how to react when I felt flustered or embarrassed, so I covered those emotions up with blank stares and unreadable expressions.

Now, on the other side of the spectrum was Wither. He usually was extremely expressive about how he felt about something.

But, recently, he's starting to become a lot like me...

When I'd stare at him blankly, he'd stare back with an equal expression.

I really miss him...

~

It's been about half a year now since I met Herobrine and escaped that unforgiving cold. The weather outside was starting to get rather cold, but it wasn't unbearable.

Wither and I walked side by side, neither of us speaking as we walked to school. Even with my cloak draped across my shoulders, I still shivered.

"Alright, class!" Herobrine exclaims, "Today we're going to be doing an assignment that requires plenty of teamwork, so listen up."

"Herobrine," Ghast says, "We aren't going outside, right?! It's freezing out there!" A few murmurs of agreement.

"We are going to be exploring the Nether," Herobrine says. A few gasps.

"The Nether?" Zombie exclaims, "But isn't that a place where mobs of the Overworld aren't wanted...?"

"There are two parts of the Nether. The majority of the Nether is the first half, where it is under strict rule. The second half is open land for anyone to enter, such as players."

"Don't worry," Ghast says, "Pigman, Wither, and I know our way around the Nether." Herobrine nods. "Luckily, I took this into consideration when I placed you all into pairs. Now, I will be giving each group enough materials to create one portal. I will also be giving each of you an iron sword, just in case. And do not worry— if any of you are in life-threatening danger at any given time, throw this splash potion onto the ground. You will be transported here instantly. Understood?"

"But what about us?" Creeper and Slime say, "None of us have ever been to the Nether before."

"...Go ahead and join Skeleton and Wither's group," Herobrine says, "Anyway, class, you may start. The goal here is to stay in the Nether for at least one night and survive together." Herobrine teleports away at that.

"Alright then," I sigh, "Where should we start constructing the portal?" Creeper and Slime exchange glances, both shrugging. Wither doesn't give any sort of response.

"...Let's just place it outside of the school then," I suggest, my classmates not objecting as they follow me outside.

The Nether... Wither was the one that first introduced me to the real Nether. I used to believe in the legends, thinking that the Nether was a dark hellhole which none could escape from. Despite going to the Nether once before, I still felt a bit worried about going. Creeper and Slime seemed to have a similar reaction to the idea of going— they both had uneasy expressions painted across their faces.