他的秘密 (兩之一)

六** (Chapter 6)
eng: His secret (Part one of two)

~

Skeleton (dw we'll get Wither's POV soon)

~

A few weeks have gone past since I met Wither and first got into Monster School. Needless to say, I was starting to fit in and feel comfortable with my classmates— and, well, Wither.

It was an extremely gloomy Monday. Rain tattered on the roof, awakening me from my peaceful slumber. I groan and check the time, nearly falling out of my bed. It's eight-twenty! School starts in ten minutes!

I nearly dive down the stairs, in search of my roommate. He was nowhere to be found. I facepalm and run back upstairs, nearly breaking his door down.

"Wither! We're going to be late!"

To my surprise, he wasn't there. I check under his bed, in his closet, everywhere. He really wasn't there.

"Did he leave without me...?" The thought makes my heart pang a bit. It doesn't even matter, anyways... Why do I even care? I ignore the feeling in my chest and run back to my room. I dig through my closet, in search of my cloak.

"Wait... I'm such an idiot. It was ripped to shreds when that wolf attacked me." I sigh and close my closet, checking the time once more. Eight twenty-seven.

I bolt out the front door, slipping on the wet grass. I end up faceplanting into the cold grass, groaning as a push myself off the ground. "I'm going to be so late..."

I end up arriving to class ten minutes late, shivering from the cold rain that pelted my back. I sigh and brace myself for Herobrine's scolding. I enter the dimly-lit classroom, plopping into my seat.

"Skeleton, where's Wither?" Herobrine asks. I was taken aback by his question. "He's not here...? I thought he left without me..."

Herobrine shakes his head and sighs. "We'll continue without him. Class, pencils out. We'll be taking a pop quiz on what we discussed yesterday."

A few groans. "Another pop quiz?" Zombie whines, "Didn't we just take one yesterday?" His question goes unanswered as Herobrine teleports the test papers onto each of our desks.

"You'll have twenty minutes to complete it, starting now." The sound of pencils being used filled the quiet room. I stare outside the window. Where could he have gone?

No. It doesn't even matter. If he wants to skip class then it's on him.

But... I sigh and stare at the ceiling, subconsciously playing with my pencil. By the time I knew it, the pop quiz was concluded. I mentally curse myself. Nice going Skeleton. You didn't even answer a single question.

"Alright, class. Today we're going to learn about alchemy and potion-making."

~

"Skeleton, may I speak to you for a moment?" Herobrine asks as I finish packing my things to leave. I sigh and nod.

He hands me a stack of papers. "Tell Wither to hand these back to me whenever he plans on returning to school." My eyes widen. This looks like a month's worth of homework!

"Also," Herobrine says, leaning on his desk, "Why didn't you complete your pop quiz?"

Knew this was coming. "I, uh... I apologize. I was just extremely tired and spacey today..." Herobrine stares at me first for a few minutes before nodding. "Alright. I'll let you off just this once, Skeleton. You're free to go." I sigh in relief, nodding. I stuff the stack of paper into my bag before getting drenched in ice-cold rain once more.