太遲的惋惜

**二十三 (Chapter twenty-three)
eng: The regret of being too late.

A/n: This book will be updated every week. Next update will be on October 8th.

~

A few weeks have passed since Wither's group has gone missing. Early every night, all of the mobs had but a little speck of hope that maybe— just maybe, their classmates would finally show up to class. That maybe they've decided to take a few weeks off to themselves.

Herobrine knew that this was far from the truth. He has been trying to teleport to them every hour of the night, yet no prevail. All of his students were starting to notice how distraught he was.

"Guys, you don't think that... That Herobrine's hiding something from us, do you...?" Zombie says to the rest of his peers as they head to class.

"I have a feeling that they're gone, guys...," Enderman mumbles in response. "I've tried teleporting to them for days, yet... It never works..."

"But... But that can't be, right? Maybe they're still alive! Maybe we just haven't searched hard enough!" Pigman says, seemingly determined. Enderman just shakes his head. "As much as I'd like to believe that, how would that explain why neither Herobrine or myself have been able to locate them?"

"He has a point, Pigman...," Ghast mutters in response. The mood in the classroom has been dismal ever since they went missing. The classroom had lost half of its students overnight.

The four students enter the classroom, almost instantly noticing the absence of their teacher. Herobrine was never late.

"..." The remaining students take their seats quietly. Unlike how they used to be, they didn't chatter or mess around.

A few minutes go by. Then an hour.

"Um... Guys? What's taking Herobrine so long..."

The four mobs decide to investigate. Enderman nods, knowing what he has to do. All four of the classmates link their hands together before closing their eyes, feeling the ground shift below them.

"The Nether...?" One of the students exclaim, "What's Herobrine doing here...?"

"Maybe he's found Wither and the rest of his group!" Pigman, as usual, was the most enthusiastic of them all. The other three classmates exchange glances before walking forward, looking for their teacher.

"Even if that's the case... Wouldn't Herobrine tell us? He wouldn't just leave us sitting in class like that!" Zombie had a point. Herobrine was always punctual and respectful to his students. Herobrine cared deeply for each and every one of his students.

"Didn't you teleport us to Herobrine, Enderman? Where is he?" Ghast asks, looking around for their teacher.

"Teleportation in the Nether is kind of weird. Every block in the Nether is eight in the Overworld, right? The same rule applies for teleportation. It's pretty much impossible for me to teleport to Herobrine's exact location. He should roughly be about... sixty-four blocks away from us." (A/n: Don't fact check this. This was completely made up for this story... It also ties into why Wither couldn't teleport to Creeper and Slime on his first attempt.)

"S-Seriously? Do you at least know what direction to go?"

Enderman shakes his head. "Sorry... I don't make the rules..." Zombie sighs. "Alright, then. I think we should split up."

"S-Split up? But Zombie... That's how Wither's group went missing in the first place!" The others don't seem to listen to Enderman, all agreeing with this plan and walking off in different directions.