被他們抓到

**十七 (Chapter 17)
eng: Captured by them

~

Wither

~

My feet dig into the ground as I assume my most powerful stance.

The solider sighs, staring at his blade with a seemingly bored expression. "If it is a fight you want, Young Highness, it's a fight you'll get." The other guards take that as cue to charge.

I dodge past them, aiming my blade directly towards the solider— who I now identified as the leader of that squadron. His helmet had a slightly different crest, one that symbolized a squadron leader. I learned this many years ago during my studies.

His expression remains the same, swiftly dodging past my strike. He finally peeps a small smirk.

"Young Highness, I do not wish to fight you. It is best to quit while you're at it, don't you agree?"

I ignore his suggestion, throwing another strike towards him. With a haste movement, he has my back pinned to the jagged, Nether ground.

"Young Highness," he says, his voice uncomfortably calm, "Please do not resist me."

"You're working for a sick murderer," I hiss, "You're just his pawn doing the dirty work for him."

His expression did not falter. The pressure on my chest that had me pinned to the ground loosens for a moment, but not nearly enough to set myself free.

By now, many civilians had circled around us. Confused chatter echoed through the clearing.

"Now, now," the guard says, "There is no need for panic. Our prince has returned. Let's all give him the warm welcome he deserves, yes?"

The confused muttering is replaced with cheers. The guard pulls me up, his hand firmly grasping my wrist.

"We will now be returning to the palace. The Lord will be pleased." My breathing becomes shallower as I was dragged to the palace. Reality hit me like a typhoon— I was back. I'd most likely be tortured, forced into a dark room with no escape.

This was no dream. This was no twisted nightmare. Each step I took brought me closer and closer to the place I dreaded to return to.

"Young Highness, it is truly a pleasure," The guard says, "I've heard many tales about you. It is quite impressive that you managed to escape this realm."

I ignore his useless comments. I felt nauseous, regretting my decision to ever re-enter this hell of a realm.

"At last, we have arrived. Guards, I shall escort his Highness starting from here." The guards obey his order, returning to their posts.

"Come along, Young Highness. The Lord will be very pleased to see you."

I kept still, unmoving. I locked my feet into the ground. The guard pauses.

"Young Highness, do not keep the Lord waiting. He is awaiting your arrival." My eyes remain locked onto his cold hand. In a swift movement, I pulled my arm away from his grasp.

"Young Highness-!"

I bolt out of there, sprinting as quickly as my legs could carry me. The guard's shouting becomes shallower, eventually silent. That didn't stop a swarm of guards, though. There were dozens, hot on my trail.

Eventually, my stamina started to drop. My ribs felt heavier than a ten-ton weight.

I halt to a complete stop, my breathing labored and shallow. My nonexistent heart pounded in my chest.