侵蝕的感情慢慢變成冷漠

**二十五 (Chapter twenty-five)
eng: Corroding feelings slowly become more and more aloof.

~

Skeleton

~

The three of us were brutally hurled into a body of water. The force of our fall sends us underwater, our bodies completely submerged. Don and I immediately swim up for air.

"What in the world just happened, stray?!"

"I'll explain later... Wait, where's Wither?" I scan around for Wither, moments later I spot a cluster of bubbles coming from underwater. I gasp, diving down immediately in search of him.

He was unconscious. I try shaking him awake, yet no prevail. I grab ahold of him from underneath his arms, pulling both of us up for air.

"Wither! Wither, you moron, wake up!" I kept shaking him. He didn't seem to be breathing...

"Don! Please help me carry him to shore!" Don seems hesitant. "Stray, you do know that he's..."

"I know. Do this for me, please? I'll explain everything once we're safely on land." He nods. We both lift Wither by his underarms.

We reach the shore in no time. I drag Wither by his arms onto a soft bed of grass, placing my hand on his chest. No good, he still isn't breathing...

"Wither! Wake the hell up, I swear to Notch!" I slap him across the face. He lets out a loud cough, choking up water. I help him sit up against a rock. He coughs a few more times, leaning back against the rock and quietly snoring.

"Goodness... Even in the state he's in, he still sleeps like a hog." I let out a soft sigh of relief. Wither was breathing, and that's what mattered.

Don clears his throat awkwardly. My cheeks flush a light pink. For a moment there, I thought Wither and I were alone...

"So, stray. Explain to me why the Prince of the Nether decided to help us escape?" Don asks, "And furthermore, I want to know why you seem to trust him."

"Well, uh... Funny story. We're kinda... Roommates."

"...Come again?"

"Look... Initially, our plan was to rescue our friends that unknowingly entered that part of the Nether. To be fair, I had no idea that he was the prince..."

"...He's the same prince that murdered Loki right before my eyes." A hateful glint was obvious in his eyes. "He's merciless. Don't be so easily fooled. He killed Loki without a second thought!"

"Don, he was possessed! The Lord or whatever was controlling him!"

"Did he feed you such lies? That's bullshit. Before his first escape, he murdered dozens of your type. Skeletons and strays alike were all killed by his hand." My heart nearly stops. What?

"I'm sure you're mistaken... W-Wither, he wouldn't do anything like that! He's different!"

"He is a cold-blooded murderer, just like the Lord and his Queen. Don't trust anything that comes from his mouth." I glance back at Wither's resting figure.

"You... You said that he's... K-Killed skeletons?"

"Yes. Before his brother's death, he did all of the Lord's bidding. He would often boast about how many he'd killed. He is a monster." My heart starts to throb the more Don reveals about Wither. As much as I didn't want to believe him, what benefits would he have if he lied? Don and all the other wither skeletons were victims to a heinous monarch, one that had no morality or care for any of his subjects.