王子殿下

十五** (Chapter 15)
eng: The Prince

~

Wither

~

I watch helplessly as the only mob I held any care for stormed off towards the other side.

"Whatever," I mumble, "If he wants to go ahead and get himself killed, so be it..." My heart felt heavy. If Skeleton confronts my father, he'll be as good as dead.

Who am I kidding...

Once again, I found myself chasing after the persistent stray.

"Skeleton, hang on!" He doesn't respond to this, continuing forward. I teleport in front of him, grabbing his shoulders.

"Let. Me. Go!" He was beyond enraged. "You don't know how to listen, do you?!"

"Skeleton, just listen to me first!"

He lets out a long sigh. "Fine. But nothing you could possibly say will change my mind."

"Skeleton... You have every reason to be mad at me. I was an absolute idiot for letting those two wander off without me," I start. "And as for not being truthful to you, I'm truly sorry..."

"It's whatever. It already happened, apologizing won't do much good-!"

"Skeleton." My grip on his shoulders tighten. "Please... I want your forgiveness." I glance into his eyes, wanting him to know that I was completely genuine with my apology. He seemed surprised, his cheekbones turning a light shade of pink.

"Fine, fine... I forgive you," he says at last. I let out a sigh that I didn't realize I was holding.

"But this still doesn't change my mind. I'm still going after them-!"

"No, you aren't."

He glares at me with an are you fucking serious, Wither look.

"As I was saying. You aren't going... Without me." He stares at me with a deadpanned expression before processing.

"Wait... Really?" I nod.

"Yeah. It was my fault that they're in this situation. What kind of friend would I be if I left them there under the fate of the devil himself?"

"..." Skeleton was silent, quieter than he usually was.

"Skeleton?..."

"...What?" He seems to snap out of his short-term daze, though he still seemed a bit out of it.

"We should get going... If the Lord has caught them, they won't have much time."

"Yeah..."

I subconsciously grab my roommate's hand, running towards the dark hell of the Nether.

Don't worry, Slime, Creeper. We're coming.

~

Skeleton

~

There was no one to be ashamed of but myself.

During such dire times, I was blushing. Dammit, blushing of all things. I tried to pull my mind away from Wither's adorable yet genuine apology, all the way to the delicate grip he had on my hand as he lead the way. I was absolutely lovesick at the worst moment possible.

Who would've thought that I'd finally come to terms with myself. I have a crush on a wither skeleton. The thought alone scared and thrilled me at the same time. Rehearsing the thought in my head felt relieving, as if I was letting out some lifelong secret.