魔法...?

四** (Chapter four)
eng: Magic...?

~

Wither

~

There's something odd about that Stray we call Skeleton. No, I'm not talking about how salty he is. He's a bit... Off. Secretive.

I glance at him from the distance. He seems to be trying to craft something...

"Are you kidding me...," he mutters, tossing a whole stack of wood planks onto the ground, angrily.

I swear... Either this guy has some hidden secrets or he's just a plain idiot.

Standing up from my bed, I walk over to the crafting table he was previously trying to use.

"I wonder what he was trying to build..." I shrug. "It's not like I care, anyway." It was currently eight o'clock in the morning, and Skeleton seemed to be hitting the hay. Already?

I glance at him, making sure that he's fully asleep before teleporting outside.

A soft morning breeze sweeps over my shoulders. I sigh and take a deep breath before taking my usual morning stroll. It's such a shame that mobs have to miss out on such beautiful mornings such as this one. A pity, really.

~

It was currently three in the afternoon. I yawned nonstop, my whole figure starting to slouch as I started getting more and more exhausted.

"Damn... I guess it's time to call it in..." I teleport back to the little house, flopping straight onto my newly crafted bed. I could hear Skeleton's soft snores from the distance, but I was too tired to complain. I fall asleep almost instantaneously, my mind drifting into the world of sleep...

"Wither." A soft voice says, "You're your father's son... So strong and courageous..."

I glance at my mother, my eyes filled with nothing but hatred. My father? I wanted to be nothing like him. All he knew was to make others suffer, whilst enjoying every moment of his pathetic life.

"No," I whisper, my voice barely echoing, "I'm not like him. I never will be."

She smiles a soft yet sinister smile, my body trembling at the mere sight of it.

"Son...," she says, pausing for a moment, "Your father and I took great pride into raising you... One day, the Nether will be yours. You will be your father's notorious successor... I'm so proud of you..." Her eyes were full of joyous tears. I felt sick to my stomach as I watched her delicately cry, her soft and silky robe slightly tracing my hands.

"Mother... I don't want to," I whispered. She pauses, swiping her robe across her delicate tear-stained cheeks.

"Oh, my son... May I ask... When did you start believing you had any choice in this matter?"

~

"Wake up, Wither." I wake up to a sharp pain in my chest. My eyes jolt open immediately.

"What the fuck...," I groan, letting the curse slip. I glare at Skeleton, who was staring at me with an unreadable expression.

"You wouldn't wake up no matter how many times I called you, so I just decided a light punch in the guts would do the trick." I stare at him in disbelief. Who does he think he is, huh?!

"I'm exhausted, leave me alone." I throw my covers over my head, snuggling back into my pillow...

...Only for another jolt of pain when my left side gets hit rather roughly.