不同的觀點

**十六 (Chapter 16)
eng: A different point of view

~

It was taking them too long. Way too long.

Herobrine tapped his left foot impatiently. It was the next day, and they still hadn't returned.

"I... I don't understand," Zombie says, "They must be done by now..."

Usually, Herobrine would just continue on with his lesson for the day. He couldn't be bothered to deal with Wither's insubordinate behavior. But today was different.

The potions Herobrine handed each of his students would reappear in his inventory once they were thrown— he made sure of that. He was missing four of them. Four of his students were still in the Nether.

"Well, Herobrine did say to throw them if we were in theoretical danger...," Ghast murmured, "But most of us threw them down anyway once were we done with our little adventure..."

"Clearly those four didn't get the message," Enderman says rather quickly, "That, or they built a Nether portal and are taking the day off."

"Wither would, but the other three?" Zombie says, "Seems quite unlike them..."

Herobrine started pacing around his desk. These guesses are frighteningly possible, he thinks.

"Alright, class. Let's start our lecture for the day," he says quickly. His students seemed stunned.

"But, Herobrine, what about the others?!"

"Enough about them," he says, "Open your textbooks to page 210."

~

The clock chimed three, signaling the end of class. Instead of shouts of enthusiasm and chanting, all students remained silent in their seats. There was not a voice nor whisper.

"Enderman, come with me," Herobrine instructs. Enderman looks at his teacher questionably, but decides to just go with it.

"Class, remain seated. Enderman and I will check up on them." There was no need for Herobrine to specify who they were.

Herobrine and Enderman exchange a nod, both teleporting whilst thinking of them.

Their feet land in a mass of netherite, a warm sensation tingling their senses.

Enderman, who was quick to scout the area, saw nothing but miles and miles of netherite in all directions. Herobrine was silent, as if he was further examining the foreign terrain.

"They're nowhere in sight," Enderman concludes minutes later. Herobrine doesn't respond, his empty eyes illuminating a faint glow of white light.

"Enderman," Herobrine says, "Teleport back to class. I will meet back with you shortly."

Enderman did not question Herobrine, noting his serious tone. He teleports back inside the classroom, his classmates staring at him, hopeful.

"They weren't anywhere in sight..."

"How is that possible?" Zombie inquires, "U-Unless they..."

Ghast gasps softly. Everyone pales.

"N-No... That's impossible, right? They could easily have evaded any danger... Herobrine made sure of it..."

Rain poured heavily the rest of that night, its light pattering becoming a heavy pour. Hours and hours went by, but Herobrine still hadn't returned.

"This is serious, isn't it?" Pigman whispers, his voice drowned out by the heavy rain.

~

Herobrine walked around aimlessly as he searched for a possible explanation.

He would not accept even the idea that his students had died. It was extremely unlikely, given the fact that he himself had cleared hundreds of miles of the Nether. Cleared what, you ask? Well, Herobrine himself had cleared all possible threats to his students.

Even if they had fallen into lava, Wither would have survived. Herobrine would be able to teleport to Wither.

This wasn't the case, though. Herobrine couldn't teleport to any of his students. This could only mean one of two things.

His students were in the End, or had died.

Herobrine tries once more to teleport to his students, yet no prevail. Growing frustrated, he tries multiple more times. No matter what he tried, though, nothing worked.

Then, it struck him.

He had so carelessly sent his students into the Nether, that he didn't stop to think twice about the other side. Herobrine himself had never set foot on the other side, only hearing rumors and tales.

"Impossible... How could I have overlooked something so serious?!" Herobrine clenches his fists. "That realm... That realm is impossible to escape... If they truly are there, then..."

Herobrine glances up at the white void, letting out a shaky breath.

"If they truly are there, then they are stuck there for eternity."

~