從小我只知邪惡

十三** (Chapter 13)
eng: All I knew as a child was evil

~

A/n: Probably the longest chapter in this book! Wither's childhood in a nutshell lol-

~

Wither

~

Ten years ago, in the Lord's Realm of the Nether...

I stare outside my window, wondering when my parents would finally return home. My parents were part of the Lord's Guard, something I often boasted about.

I loved my home. We were under the protection of the Lord and his Queen from all the evil of the outside. We were all safe.

"Don't ever go near the border, Ash," my mother would warn every time I'd go out to play with my friends, "Nothing but danger lies outside. We're all safer in here, under his majesty's protection."

"I know, mom!" I'd exclaim, "Why would I ever want to leave? I love it here! It's my home!" She'd smile, gently patting my head. "That's my boy."

Earlier that morning before mom and dad left, they seemed rather distressed. I didn't understand; what was wrong? I run to dad, gripping his leg. "Dad! What's wrong?" He exchanges glances with mom, changing his expression completely. "Nothing at all, son! Watch the house while we're gone, okay?"

I nod, not knowing better than to trust my father.

Fast forward to present time. I sat alone in my room, staring outside my window. Mom and Dad are usually back by now... What's taking them so long?

Maybe they got lost! I hop out of bed, running downstairs and outside the front door. The sky was much darker than usual.

I whimper, scared of the unfamiliar darkness. Still, though, I continued to walk towards the Lord's fortress.

"Mom? Dad?!" I shout. The streets were much quieter than usual. I was the only mob outside.

"M-Mom?" Tears filled my eyes. I shouldn't have left home. Now I'm lost...

"Are you okay?" An unfamiliar voice calls out. I jolt at the sudden noise, my whole figure freezing.

I'm so scared... I should've stayed home...

"Are you lost?" The voice's figure finally came to view. He was a wither skeleton just like me.

"W-Who are you?" My voice shook as he calmly approached me.

"I... I can't say." I study him for a few moments. I was still timid, my bones softly rattling at his presence.

"Relax," he says, "I won't hurt you. Besides, I think we're of similar age." The way he spoke was odd. None of my friends nor playmates spoke so elegantly. I wasn't used to such complex wording.

"What are you doing out here, so late during the day?" I finally glance up at him. "I... I can't find my mom..."

"Any idea where she could've gone?"

"My mom and dad work for the Lord's Guard. Usually they're home by now..."

"Is that so? Do you not like being alone?"

"No...," I admit. I've never been alone for more than a few hours.

"I'll stay with you, then." I was hesitant, but I nod. Anything is better than being alone, I conclude. "C-Can... Can you help me find my parents?"