ball

Previously on the Innocent Lost Daughter

"I-i d-didn't mean to do an OD, I promised" she said with her head hung low and her left hand fiddling with the necklace her grandfather gave to her

"It's okay princess" sigh Armani.

_______________________

"But we do have some question to ask you, if that's alright" Nonna said to me.

I slowly nodded and lift my head to look at them.

"When did you start taking painkillers" ask Uncle Francesco.

"Uh- I think, ever since I was twelve years old" I answered truthfully.

He nodded and gave me a small smile before sitting down next to Aunt Sofia

"Did you take any pills recently" this time it was Roman asking.

I shook my head no, he sigh and came toward me and kissed me on the top of my head.

"It's okay princess.....just promise us that you will never take any pills without us knowing first" Papa said while carresing my hair.

I nodded and let a tear slip out of my eyes. "Hey, hey don't cry it's okay" Luke reassured me.

"When can I go home" I ask them. "you can go tomorrow, my colleagues are still running some test on you to make sure your okay" Matteo said.

Colleagues? Does he work here.

"You work here"  I ask him curiously. He nodded and smile at me "I'm a doctor".

Cool! My brother a doctor .

I might call him Doc from now on.

_______________________

It's been 2 weeks since I was in the hospital for overdosing.

Two days ago, I went shopping with my aunts and Nonna so that we could all buys a dress for tonight.

Yupe. Tonight is the day of the ball.

Aunt Kara was doing my hair and Aunt Gianna was doing my hair.

Aunt Sofia was getting my dress ready.

They had insisted on me wearing a little bit of make-up bit I refused, make-up's not really my thing.

"Alright done" said aunt Kara. "Same" replied Aunt Gianna.

"Wow, the nails are so pretty Aunt Kara and the hair is just gorgeous aunt Gianna" I said truthfully.

The smile and kissed the tip of my head.

"Hey come on, you still has to put your dress on " Aunt Sofia said while stepping out if my closet. "The dress is on the white chair in the middle of your closet" .