27.

Jimin drove as fast as he could but since it was the usual time for the children to disperse from school, he got stuck in a heavy traffic.
In the end he was about half an hour late, the school seemed too lifeless at the moment compared to the morning, as all the children had already left.

But in one of the swings, he saw a sulken figure sitting with his eyes fixed at the gate.
He saw the expression change when he recognised him.

" Jiminie! "
Yoonjun's face lit up when he saw that Jimin was finally here to pick him up. He thought Jimin might have forgotten about him, the thought making him sad.

He ran towards Jimin with open arms, but in the way his smile changed into a frowned expression.

" Hey, sorry for being late."
Jimin apologies even though it wasn't his fault that he arrived late.
Yoonjun turned his head away from Jimin at that, and Jimin knows the boy is mad at him.

" Jiminie is careless."
He pokes his tongue out at Jimin. He strangely feels comfortable around Jimin to behave like that now.

" Yah ! I reached late because of the traffic, okay?"
Jimin tried to defend himself but Yoonjun wasn't in the mood to listen to his excuses. The boy ran towards the car instead, his bag now dangling around his elbows.

When Jimin entered the car, he saw Yoonjun already passed out on the seat. He thought he was just acting but when he heard the soft snores, Jimin realized Yoonjun was actually asleep.

Now, Jimin started feeling a bit remorse for not coming sooner. His hand already settling on top of Yoonjun's head as he gently pat his head.

-

" Hey, we're here."
" Wake up!"
Jimin tried many a times to wake Yoonjun up but in the end nothing worked, the boy was in a deep slumber to understand what was happening around him. So, Jimin had to pick him up in his arms and bring him inside.

" Master Jimin."
The servant greeted him, surprised to see him back at the unfamiliar time. But then he saw the child in his arms and he understood everything.

" You should have asked me, I'd have sent someone to fetch him. You didn't have to go by yourself."
He went to take the boy from his arms but instead Jimin handed him the school bag. Refusing to give Yoonjun to anyone else.

" No it's fine. I had an errand near the school anyway."
He lies, to not make it seem like he came all the way from his office just to pick Yoonjun up from his school. When, he in fact, did that.

Taking him upstairs would take too much time and might disturb his peaceful sleep. So, Jimin decided to lay him down on the couch, helping the boy get rid of his shoes so he could lay down more comfortably.

" Should I serve the lunch for you? "
The servant asks once Jimin was done laying Yoonjun down in a comfortable position. A cushion tucked neatly under his head that acted like a pillow.

" Sorry, I need to go back. But make sure he eats well." He turns to look at the boy one last time who was curled into a fetus position, cutely sucking on his thumb. The view enough to relieve Jimin's tiredness.

" We'll take good care of him. You don't have to worry."
Jimin nods at that before rushing out. He had already used his lunch break for fetching Yoonjun and now he needs to get back to his work.

Once he reached the office, he drowned himself in work again, ignoring the weird noises his stomach continued to make because of the lack of food.

-

Jimin worked overtime for extra 2 hours before he was finally done for the day. Every part of his body ached and all he wanted to do was sleep, after he will be done with dinner cause he literally have no energy right now. He need food to recharge himself.