34

few weeks later

aspen

"muthafucka heavy..." i mumbled as i carried xavier to his cage.

"he could walk you know..." tahani said as she put the keys down.

"but he was walking weird.." i said as i sat him by his cage and slowly scooted him inside of it.

he just had surgery and was high as hell off the meds from the vet, his eyes instantly started closing once he laid in his bed.

"i gotta go by the college one of my professors wanna talk to me actually." i said and she nodded.

"i'm sure your ready to get outta there and start being a teacher." she said as she grabbed me and pulled me into her lap.

i straddled her lap and rubbed her face while she stared at me,"im more then ready, this shit is so tiring...." i said as i laid my head on her shoulder and she started rubbing my back.

"well thennn stay here and we can take a nap." she said and i laughed as i sat up.

"nooo i've been pushing away the fact i needa go see him for the longest." i said and she sighed.

"imma miss yo sexy ass..." she said then pecked my lips.

"imma miss you too- even tho imma be gone no longer than an hour." i said as i got up.

i watched as she dramatically laid on the couch and let out a loud groan,"once we have a child i never wanna hear you complain about me 'leaving you alone'." i said and she flipped me off as i grabbed my keys.

"i love you more." i said then left out the door and walked to my car.

my phone went off a few times and i saw junior had tried to facetime me.

i got in and called him back,"wassup kid."

"hey aspen what you doing?" he asked showing his whole face.

"i'm finna go by my school real quick what you doing?" i questioned back and he turned the camera around showing ivy and his dad who were talking to each other.

"turn the volume up on yo phone." i said and he turned the camera back around and nodded his head after a few seconds.

"aye! y'all stop showing pda in front of my lil cousin!" i yelled and watched as junior's dad looked at the phone .

"shut yo ass up aspen." he said and i rolled my eyes.

"shut up yo name is lucy." i said mugging the phone and junior bussed out laughing.

"not too much on my baby daddy, aspen." ivy said smiling and rolling her eyes.

"y'all disgust me.." i mumbled and junior laughed again then i saw the camera moving around.