36

a lil different pov cause all y'all see is tahani and aspen- so i'll let y'all get a lil inside on kima🤓

kima

"mommy did you take your medicine yet?" i asked as she watched the young and the restless.

should've never introduced her back to that show...i was back in ethiopia with her and my brothers but they were always busy and couldn't take care of her as needed.

she nodded her head but stared ahead at the tv,"then why this bottle not empty?" i asked shaking around the last bit of her pills.

she smacked her lips and looked at me,"hand me the damn pills." she said and i laughed as i handed her the bottle.

i watched as she opened it then swallowed the pills dry,"now mama i told you to drink water wit yo pills." i said and she waved me off.

"girl i've been swallowing nut dry for years." she said and i scrunched up my face.

"i did not need to know that." i said as i fixed her pillows and blanket.

"but come sit kima...we need to talk foreal." she said as she turned off the tv.

i sat down beside her and she grabbed my hands that were in my lap,"god your a spitting image of your father..." she said and i laughed some.

"i miss him..." i said quietly and she nodded before running her hands through my hair.

"okay mama this a lace- it's not glued down." i said grabbing the top of my head.

"my bad- but you know i am sick...and it's not gonna be long-"

"i don't wanna hear anymore." i said getting up and grabbed my phone.

"kima-"

"mama no, you've been taking your medicine and getting rest...your gonna get better you got to!" i said as i felt my eyes water.

"kima..." i watched as she slowly got up and walked to me.

"listen to me jaalallee koo(my love)..." she said as she grabbed my face gently, her hands on either side of my cheek.

(it's oromo, one of the languages spoken in ethiopia)

"whether you like it or not...i'm not gonna be here much longer- okay? i know you like it in america you came back here to help me get better...but the truth is i'm dying kima." she said and this time her eyes were glossy.

"i don't want you to go...dad died a little before i moved to america...i can't lose you both." i said as i sniffled and blinked back the tears.

"kima...you won't be alone you have your friends back in america...and your brothers." she said and i sighed.

"later on they're coming to get you...i told them to." she said and i groaned.

"all 3 of em??" i asked and she nodded her head.