46

same night
author ✍🏾

kima laid in the hospital bed holding onto aspen's hand, she was too lost in her mind to speak

she felt bad that she wasn't as upset as she expected to be,"you want anything?" aspen asked breaking the silence.

of course for aspen this was a triggering moment but she didn't show or say it. she wanted to be there for kima since wynn wasn't.

she gave the comfort she wish she could've gotten when she was younger.

"i'm good aspen honestly..." kima spoke finally looked over at aspen's red eyes.

"what's wrong??" kima asked surprised to see the tears on aspen face.

"been through this shit before...i don't completely remember it tho..." she mumbled and kima's eyes widened.

"oh shit i'm sorry aspen you could've went home-"

"it's cool kima...tahani got the twins and i just wanna be here with you since wynn wanna be a bitch." aspen said as a mug made its way onto her face.

kima rolled her eyes at the thought of wynn,"earlier when i was at your house...i was upset cause wynn had cheated...again bro i keep being stupid and going back...and that stress caused me my fuckin baby..." she said then hiccuped as she tried not to cry.

"it's okay kima.." aspen said getting up and leaned over to carefully hug kima.

"no it's not aspen...it's like i wasn't attached to the baby foreal...i feel like it's sumn wrong with me..i don't fuckin know..." kima said as she started sobbing.

aspen sighed as she rubbed kima's back,"shhh...it's okay, it doesn't make sumn wrong with you kima...it's okay you didn't immediately have a connection okay? not everyone does."

kima continued crying, she still felt like a horrible person...what made her cry even more was wynn not even being there.

not that she cared about him specifically there, but she was going through a lost of their child.

"we here!" she heard making her look up and see her brothers.

"what y'all doing here?? y'all went back to africa..." kima said wiping her face and aspen backed away allowing her brothers to comfort her.

"and we came right the fuck back when aspen called and said something was wrong." kufi said as he used his sleeve to wipe his sister's face.

"i stressed too much a-and.." loki cut off his sisters crying as he quickly hugged her.

"it's not your fault..." he whispered as she cried into his shoulder.

aspen made her way out the room giving them their own time alone, she walked down the hall to the vending machine.