47

4 years later...

aspen

"mrs. femi!!" i heard from outside my classroom door.

i shook my head at the group of boys outside my door,"should i open it?" one of my students, nyla asked making me nod my head.

she opened it and they immediately come over to my desk,"and where y'all suppose to be?" i asked them as i placed my phone down.

"at lunch but it's nasty today." one of them named mark, answered.

"right don't nobody want no damn hashed bbq sandwich." maze added on and i looked at jae surprised he hadn't talked.

usually he'd be the first to open his mouth,"relationship problems..." maze whispered to me and i shook my head.

"awe what happened jae??" i asked and watched his jaw clench.

"she slept wit my damn brother..." he said and my eyes widened.

"the one that graduated ? grown as fuck?" i asked and he nodded his head.

"oh- he going to jail.." i mumbled before i heard the phone in the classroom start ringing.

"mrs.femi." i heard and i gave the boys a look.

they went to sit with some of their friends in my class, today was a free day so i really didn't care much about what they did.

"yes ma'am..."

"you have a few visitors.."

"hey mommy!!" i laughed as i heard namari's voice come through the speaker.

"what y'all doing here??" i asked.

"mommy let us in the room neow." nalani said and i heard a few of my students laugh.

"gotta smart ass mouth..." i mumbled.

"they can come in." i said then made the line end.

"in 5..4...3-" a million knocks came from the door and i laughed as i could see the top of their heads then tahani came into view.

jae went to the door and opened it,"thank you kind sir." nalani said then saluted to him.

"don't question it." tahani said as she shut the door.

"hey mommy babies." i said to the twins and kissed both their cheeks.

"mommy i miss you." namari said as she climbed into my lap.

"scoot over." nalani said to namari.

"she my mommy."

"she's both ours dummy." nalani retorted and the class laughed at their small argument.

i sat namari on my leg and nalani on the other,"that's better?" i asked them and they both nod their heads.

"lemme guess they were at ivys before y'all came here?" i asked tahani and she nodded her head.